sansui au-717

1. LLAnalogue

Intro from Chicagoland

Hey all, Intro time... Hope everyone's having a great day so far. I've lurked for a while but a recent restoration project prompted me to finally join. I bought a working Sansui AU-717 in the fall of last year from a nice gentleman advertising on craigslist. Everything was good until a one day...
  2. C

Sansui AU-717 Deoxit F5 all potentiometers?

I got my AU-717 rebuilt but I am experiencing left channel drop out. Adjusting the balance control, or even applying a little pull pressure returns the signal until the knob is adjusted again. Going to apply Deoxit F5 to that potentiometer but wondering since I know the amp has sat unused for...
  3. C

AU-717 Rebuild General Questions

Slowly working through a AU-717 rebuild. As far as I know the amp died while in storage/last use due to glue corrosion. I know the history but I haven't heard it play in years. I've read a bunch of posts by @Leestereo @Super Noob and others. Thermal Paste Part 1: Should the thermal paste be...
  4. Super Noob

Project: Sansui AU-717 (BKs)

A few weeks back, I was eyeing this unit when a better deal popped for the AU-717 that ended up in my collection. This unit was still available after I finished my rebuild. I recommended to my co-worker BK (who is starting to get into HiFi and vintage equipment). Price was improved and BK...
  5. E

Sansui AU-717 - Need a little help

I acquired a 717 with the left channel being I guess distorted, but also sounded like only partial signal. The little sound that was coming through the left channel was obviously less volume than the right. When used as only an amp, both channels work fine. I thought it might be in the preamp...
  6. D

Sansui AU-717 Restoration/Reparation Advice

Hi All!, I'm starting the planing the restoration of a just bought AU-717, I could read the very useful information around this forum regarding this amazing amplifier, as this will be my 3rd amp restoration (after a successful AU-217 and AU-317 ones), I feel enthusiastic enough to go forward...
  7. SansuiJavier

New cable with ground connection for a Sansui AU-717

I have a question, my Sansui AU-717, European multi-voltage version, comes (like most of Sansui) with two-wire cable, without grounding, and sometimes, depending on the position of the plug, I notice a small electric tingling, which It would be solved with a ground connection to the power grid...
  8. R

AU-517/717 Selector coupling

I have an AU-517 where the selector switch internal coupling is missing causing the selector to be useless. The original part was made of plastic and had a spline internal design to adhere to the selector shaft. Can anyone tell me an alternative coupling I can use to remedy this issue. Thank you
Back
Top Bottom