sx-1010

1. Ben Rothman

Can I Buff These Scratches Out? Pioneer SX-1010

I've got a Pioneer SX-1010 that's been restored, and both the outside and inside are in near-perfect condition. On the inside, the tuner cover has a couple of light scratches that I would like to remove. I've thought of buffing them out with some polish or filling them in with some automotive...
  2. Ben Rothman

Potentiometer Rebuilder?

Hi, I need to have my volume potentiometer for my SX-1010 rebuilt. I have gone down the faderlube route already, but this pot really needs to be disassembled and rebuilt. I was wondering if there is a shop or someone I can send the potentiometer to have it rebuilt? Any help would be greatly...
  3. Ben Rothman

Pioneer SX-1010 Weird Intermittent Protection Issue

Hi, I have been chasing an issue on my Pioneer SX-1010 for about a year. I have posted about it a couple of times; now and then, it will randomly jump into protect mode for 2 seconds and jump out. I have observed this issue for a year and can confidently say there is no pattern. It might not...
  4. Jstarz

SX-1010 loud pops and relay protection. Restoration

Hi AK, This is my first post on here and I have to thank you all for all the valuable information on here. Such an amazing community. Without it, I would never think of taking on a project like this since this is not my field. I picked up a Pioneer SX-1010 a couple of months ago. I live in...
  5. Tyler Prock

Recapped better than spec pioneer sx-1010 or…

May have the opportunity to trade my up to spec pioneer sx-1010 for a dynaco pas3, st 70, and an fm-3 plus a little cash on my end I could really care less on the tuner. So that’s not a plus to me in anyway. But I have been very curious of tube separates lately. I’m running Cornwalls with the sx...
  6. jahmadeus

Accessing SX-1010 Tuner Board

Hello all, I am finishing up a rebuild of my SX-1010 and only have the tuner board left to work on. I have noticed that it is tethered down by its wire wrap connections on nearly every side. I have had success with desoldering select wirewrap posts from the other boards to gain access. However...
  7. merlynski

SX-1010 schematic question / error / issue

I am helping on an SX-1010 problem with the High Filter lamp being illuminated slightly when the switch is off. While perusing the very complicated Dim / Bright and High Filter switches' connections I came across an anomaly in the schematic. The common side of the Low Filter, High Filter, AF...
  8. J

Yamaha AVS-700 Natural Sound AV Selector - Lots o' inputs! phono? Pioneer SX-1010

Howdy! Is anyone out there using the phono input on a Yamaha AVS-700 Natural Sound AV Selector? I ran out of inputs on a Pioneer SX-1010 and grew tired of the dirty selector buttons and signal loss. Lucked-out finding a Yamaha AVS-700. I run its fixed stereo outputs to the Tape 2 input on the...
  9. Super Noob

Project: Pioneer SX-1010

Project Pioneer: SX-1010 In my neverending quest for 70s silver face bliss, the adventure continues. There was a post in BT for a somewhat local unloved Pioneer SX-1010 with more than a few operational & cosmetic issues. This was my first purchase off BT since my status was updated to...
  10. KeithD

Pioneer SX-828 vs 1010

I have an 828 (and 2500, 990) and really like the sound. Just wondering if I'd notice any difference in the sound of a 1010? Initially, I had wanted a 1010, but decided to pick up an 828 since they are half the price of a 1010. Have not been disapointed with the 828, but did I miss anything...
  11. 70smidfiguy

Pioneer SX 1010 - Simple question about Output TR order

Hello all, I was attempting to replace the output transistors in my 1010, took a pic before I removed them but alas the pic has disappeared :( Can someone advise me of the order of the output transistors? For simplicity, if I'm facing the back of the receiver from left to right? Many thanks...
  12. Pioneer SX-1010

Pioneer SX-1010

13. Pioneer SX-1010 L driver board

Pioneer SX-1010 L driver board

pre restoration
  14. Pioneer SX-1010 Power Supply board

Pioneer SX-1010 Power Supply board

pre-restoration
  15. Pioneer SX-1010

Pioneer SX-1010

1974 Pioneer SX-1010
  16. camgilbert

Pioneer SX-1010 - One channel low (even with Pre Out)

Hi all, I received a Pioneer SX-1010 with a number of issues. The core issue though is that one channel is very low but this is intermittent. 90% of the time, its low! I have Deoxed all switches and controls and even changed out the volume pot with no change. I have also tested as unit as...
  17. LWB

Another take on SX-1010 AWR-054 power supply heat management

Somebody in another thread identified the SX-1010 power supply as a cause of global warming. A fair comment! It seems that every SX-1010 has a broiler built into the power supply. When it comes to trouble-shooting &/or refurbishing the SX-1010, the power supply is at the top of the list...
  18. N

SX-1010 diagnostic help

Hey fine people of the Adiokarma community, I’m rather new at this, but picked up a non-working SX-1010 and decided (based on all the stellar reviews of this unit) that I’d try to figure out if I could get it working to be my home daily driver (I’ve recently caught the vintage audio bug). I...
  19. P

New here

hi guys I'm new here I've liked this site it has helped me over the years with my collection. I would like to introduce me and my collection to everyone. I'm from Ontario Canada and have been collecting pioneer equipment for a few years now the collection started when my dad handed down his...
  20. P

pioneer sx 1010

hi guys im currently trying to find out if im going down the right path I own an sx 1010 after a cap went on the power board im having trouble finding all affected areas of the receiver. So from what I can figure is I have a direct short on the left high output transistors (bank in heat sink...
  21. C

New member in OKC

I've visited this site many times and thought it was time to join. I was into stereo equipment in the middle 1970s and find myself being drawn back into it today. My current challenge is a Pioneer SX-1010. Chuck S.
  22. GITAY'ND

sx-1010 developed Crackling & Popping Sound overnight

hey everyone :( i have this sx-1010 that i bought on ebay 2 years ago. had an sx-737 before it , sold it an upgraded to the sx-1010. i have 2 pair's of hpm-60 & i uselly hear with 1 pair (they are different positioned). also a tube tuner , The-Fisher kr-60. so that's my system & let me tell u...
  23. Pioneer SX-1010

Pioneer SX-1010

Face
Back
Top Bottom