sx-1050

1. MorrisonAgen

SX-1050 with slightly different levels between channels

Hey all! I have a client with an SX-1050 that I restored for him a few years ago. I went to his place last week to install a phono cartridge for him a do a little cleanup on a Marantz 2335 that he just bought. He mentioned that he was getting a SLIGHTLY higher output out of the right channel...
  2. J

SX-1250 Bass & Treble Control Switches Question.

The 50Hz Bass control switch (ACV-165) shaft is broken on my SX-1250. I'm am having trouble finding another one, but have found a 20Hz Treble control switch (ACV-168). My question is can these be substituted for one another? It appears the pin spacing is the same, they are both 102K, both are...
  3. DonHarper

Snap Crackle Pop 1050

Greetings :) So I have Pioneer SX-1050 that suddenly started to "snap crackle and pop" one day last fall. I quickly turned it off, and decided this was going to be my spring project, and I put it in the closet. So here we are, late spring, it's back out of the closet. The sound is only on the...
  4. C

Pioneer SX-1050, both happy and concerned.

Hi all! New to the forum and the vintage audio world, and I just managed to pick up a pioneer sx-1050 off ebay with the tagline of powers up but no sound. I thought as long as the transformer worked it would be worth the risk, but during the post auction obsession that I go through the day...
  5. Will_Emanuel

Yet Another SX-1050 Restoration

Hello all, I have just wrapped up a major restoration on a newly acquired SX-1050 that had a very rough past to me and had arrived in very rough shape. The unit had been sitting in the attic of a small stereo shop near my university for nearly 27 years, according to the repair tag's date of...
  6. H

Pin out voltages on SX-1050 PA board output transistors

This is rather embarrassing. I have rebuilt around 50 Pioneer SX-1050's, and have never had reason to check pin out voltages from the Power Amp board to the output transistors. Pins 21-24, then pins 25-28, then pins 29-32, and the last one pins 33-36. The voltages I am getting on this particular...
  7. Bound2Glory

HELP! Pioneer SX-1050 and SA-9800 Service/Restoration needed

Greetings to all my fellow vintage hi-fi lovers! I am truly at my wit's end!! I have the two aforementioned Pioneer receiver & amplifier, and it's been an absolute nightmare to try and find anyone worth a damn that can get them restored or serviced properly. I'll spare everyone all the...
  8. Rob357

Pioneer SX-1050 had a dead channel

Hello to all the enthusiasts out there. I have been lurking around here since 7/1/2007. My only post was to list my Pioneer gear. Now I am asking for some advice. The 1050 had a low and distorted right channel, that is what started this odyssey. I had recapped the awr-103a board awhile ago, not...
  9. A

Pioneer sx-1050 volume control

Hello, I’m pretty new to AK, so this is my first post. I very much need a volume control for my pioneer sx-1050. If anybody out there has any leads or assistance they can offer it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
  10. JoshuaZ

4 ohm and 8 ohm Speakers in the same system

So, weird question that I couldn't find an answer for. I have a Pioneer Spec 1 and 2 system that I'm going to be setting up shortly. I have some Boston A400 speakers that I plan on using, but I'd also like to hook up some Boston A200 speakers I also have around. The A400 are 4 ohm and the A200...
  11. dustmaker

SX-1050 rebuild of working unit

Ready to rebuild a sx-1050 that’s been in my possession for past 17 years. Both channels work, but it is scratchy. Never sounded good enough to actually use. I want to do this in an organized manner instead of just replacing parts.
  12. merlynski

SX-1050 Protection transistor replacements, AWM-090 - resolved

I am in the midst of rebuilding the Protection circuit and discovered I didn't order replacements for Q5, 2SA733; and Q3 & Q4, 2SC945. None of the lists I have downloaded suggest replacing these 3 transistors. Is this because they do not have a history of problems or failure? I have replaced...
  13. merlynski

SX-1050 BOM AWG-020? - answered

In the post quoted below, from a while back, an AWG-020 board is listed in one section ( in red ), without an identifying board header. I don't have an AWG-020 board listed in the documentation I have on the SX-1050. It appears on a couple other BOMs from the past as well. I just started my...
  14. V

Sx-1050 Power Issue

I am helping a friend with an sx-1050 he acquired as part of a trade. He was told that the unit was working until the previous owner "pushed a little too hard on phono inputs - which broke and entered into the chassis causing the unit to shut down." Someone else has clearly worked on this before...
  15. MasterFo0

Pioneer SX-1050 or Technics SA-800?

I have found both of these in my area and am wondering which is the better sounding unit? They’re both priced similarly although the Pioneer is $100 more. The specs seem very similar when I looked them up so I’m looking for advice from people that have listened to the units and any opinions. Thanks!
  16. HairySatchel

SX-950 1050 1250 Selector Switch Assembly rebuild

I'm seeking words of wisdom in regards to switching out the old switches on the AWS-094 and AWS-095 boards. They no longer stay engaged. Has anyone tried to use a modern 6PDT and similar as a replacement? Which brand works best with the least amount of modification? SX-950 Input Selector...
  17. rhymeswithlu

Add Klipsch KSW10 Sub to my Pioneer SX-1050

Hi Everyone - Looking for guidance on the correct way to add this KSW10 sub to my SX-1050 setup (Heresy II's, Marantz 6300 TT.) Can I do it with the Line In RCA cables only? What do i connect to on the back of the receiver? Been futzing for an hour now and no joy! ~Erik
  18. Franco989

Pioneer SX-1050, no sound

Hi Everyone, I just purchased my first serious receiver (previous owner of an SX-750/780) but it comes with some problems. There is no audio coming out from any of the speaker channels, including no sound when listening to headphones. The previous owner mentioned that it was working before he...
  19. monster pioneer

monster pioneer

pioneer sx-1050 and sa-7800
Back
Top Bottom