sx 1250

1. Hugh Jorgan

SX 1250 Tone Switch Makes Loud Pop Which Cycles the Protection Relay

Unit plays in all modes. Great sound quality. Problem doesn’t happen with the two preamp jumpers unplugged. Does happen regardless of source or speakers selected. The only unusual thing I’ve found so far is the two supply voltages on AWG 041 (+25 and -25) are showing +28.71 and -18.85. The...
  2. Old 96er

SX-1250 Tuner Board Refresh Worth Doing

I recently did a full restoration on my 1250 sans tuner board. The bill of materials I used does not cover the tuner board, and I understand a lot of folks are reluctant to mess with the tuner. I understand, and I would have left it alone without any further thought if I didn’t have an FM tuner...
  3. Old 96er

SX-1250 Volume Pot Help

While bringing an SX-1250 back from the dead and restoring it, I’ve discovered that someone replaced the original volume potentiometer at some point. The replacement works, but it’s a little wonky and I want to get the original back in there. I see a potentiometer available for an SX-1280, so my...
  4. Super Noob

Project: SX-1250 (2nd Take)

The sickness continues: VK = November 1975 (early unit) VK3900089K Thinking this is an early unit... unless I am wrong - maybe the within the 1st (100) made? My other unit is July 1976. Once I unload some of other units = I will get into this thing full bore. It has broken AM antenna...
  5. FranksElect

sx-1250 running hot on one side

I am looking for any help on my sx-1250 running hot when idle, unit has never been worked on , both sides sound great , no distortion , I swapped left AWH-48 to the right side and vice versa , the hot outputs followed the pcboard , any body with ideas? , thanks in advance , Frank
  6. W

Restoration services near Madison WI or Chicago IL for a SX-1250?

I just bought a SX-1250 in good working and cosmetic condition and I want to get it fully checked over and all the capacitors replaced, but I really don't want to ship this receiver in fear that it'll arrive broken. Are there any AKers or a reputable shop in the southern Wisconsin or northern...
  7. Super Noob

Project: SX-1250

The sickness continues. Getting into a 1250 that I picked up recently. 2nd owner had it for 25 years = ~1993. Here is what I found = looks as if it has never been opened. All the lamps look original and were working. Need of a good cleaning - working through that now. It adjusts outs...
  8. ngcsstodd

SX 1250 Stabilizer Assembly (AWR-106)

I'm working on rebuilding the Stabilizer board AWR-106 I removed the 2SA684 from Q8 and it tested bad! but the new one KSA1220AYS also test bad? they both show to be ECB and they both test bad! there is only one listed in my parts list, and i don't have any more. is there any thing that i can...
Back
Top Bottom