sx-1250

1. F

Need Audio Repair Nashville Tennessee

Anyone know of any audio repair technicians near Nashville? I used Hi-Tech Service a few times but they closed a couple years ago. I have an SX-1250 that I'd like to get restored. Thanks, Chad
  2. M

SX-1250 Tuner board.. oops

Hi everyone, I revived my very sick SX-1250 using the rebuild kit sold by Peace Love and Music. This is a kit for ALL electrolytic caps, and quite a few transistors and diodes. Good news... The Amp is fine. Both channels sound equal and clear. The phono board is fine...
  3. J

Fixed my damaged SX-1250

Well, I finally made the repairs to my receiver, that was damaged in shipping. I was able to find a 50 Hz Bass switch, a new control knob & new glass. No luck with a faceplate, so I worked with what I had. After much cleaning, soldering, straitening, hammering, sanding and epoxying, I guess it...
  4. J

washer faced nut abn-024, faceplate mounting nuts SX-1250.

I'm trying to find information on, the washer faced nut ABN-024, it holds on the faceplate on a SX-1250 at the 50Hz Bass, 20Hz Treble and Volume switches, (other models to I'm sure). I would like to know the size and thread pitch of the nut. I'm needing a couple and ebay seller's want $18 each...
  5. J

SX-1250 Bass & Treble Control Switches Question.

The 50Hz Bass control switch (ACV-165) shaft is broken on my SX-1250. I'm am having trouble finding another one, but have found a 20Hz Treble control switch (ACV-168). My question is can these be substituted for one another? It appears the pin spacing is the same, they are both 102K, both are...
  6. goldswimmerb

SX-1250 back to back tantalum capacitors

Hey guys, was looking at the SX-1250 and noticed it used 2x 22uf Tantalums in a few locations, they're back to back to make a (roughly) 11uf bipolar cap. Is there any reason they can't just be replaced with a single high quality bipolar cap like a Nichicon UES?
  7. ocdecio

SX-1250 soft start relay

Pardon my ignorance, but is there a proper way of removing the center wires of the soft start relay ? They have these wraps around them, not sure if they are to be removed or if there is a clip underneath.
  8. ocdecio

SX-1250 Stabilizer transistor sub

I see in the restoration thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pioneer-sx-1250-recap-and-restoration-thread.420950/ Q10: 2SC945: 512-KSC2383YTA Q11: 2SC945: 512-KSC1845FTA Q13: 2SC945: 512-KSC2383YTA Is Q11 KSC1845 correct?
  9. ocdecio

SX-1250 - no sound on preamp

Working on my first Pioneer. I repaired both driver (power amp) cards and that section is working great. Stabilizer card has +-65V. However when I connect the jumpers on the back, or put a scope on the Pre-Out I get nothing, zilch, on either channel, on any input (FM, AM, Phono, Aux etc). I...
  10. ocdecio

SX-1250 question

This is the first Pioneer I put my hands on, for a friend (I am a Marantz guy through and through). This receiver is really well built I mus say and it doesn't seem all that hard to work on except of course for its sheer monstrous size. Anyway, I tried checking bias with a DBT and right channel...
  11. Childof60

Pioneer SX-1250 Find - And A Quandry

It is been a long time since I have found something truly interesting - that changed yesterday with this SX-1250. I bought it from the original owner with the original owners manual. Not a scratch, mark, or scuff anywhere on the heavy beast. It has never been opened up and works perfectly. I...
  12. X

Pioneer SX-1250 Relay buzz then engages - Restoration.

In the process of restoring an SX-1250. The unit powers on and the relay buzzes within a second then engages. I unscrewed the bottom panel and found 3 out of the 4 main filter caps have vented and are blown / leaking gew. Are the main filter caps causing the issue to the relay buzzing then...
  13. mmsean

Pioneer SX-1250 Top Grill painting or powdercoating black vs. original

Just curious what your thoughts regarding the top grill painted black or powdercoated. I really love the originality of my unit but don't really like the brown grill. Show me pictures of what you've done and would you refuse to buy a unit if it wasn't 100% original on something as simple as...
  14. mmsean

New to me SX-1250, parts question

20211113_194751 by mmsean posted Nov 15, 2021 at 8:58 PM Well I've been looking for a SX-1250 for quite some time and finally made peace that I should hunt down a SX-1050 as the prices were too high. However about a week ago I saw an add for a SX-1250 and went and looked at it and gave an...
  15. goldswimmerb

SX-1250 FM signal meter low but tunes just fine?

I have an SX-1250 here with what seems to be a peculiar issue... The FM signal meter seems to always be low, even with stations that are fairly close, when maxed out it seems to stop at 3 on the meter, even with a source right next to it... Interestingly enough it tunes just fine into pretty...
  16. Airjmax

Pioneer SX-1250 Pre-amp Jumper Problem

I have a very nice SX-1250 that was restored by @mattsd, however of late the unit drops the left channel, and can only be remedied by touching both pre-amp jumpers, which generates a loud hum. I have appealed to @mattsd for help or suggestions, but he has chosen to ignore me. Any help or...
  17. M

DAC for Vintage SX-1250

I'm looking for a DAC or AVR that is suitable for a large vintage receiver. I'm going to be hooking the SX-1250 up to a newer set of Bose 901s. The ideal DAC would have bluetooth/streaming connectivity, an optical in that can connect to a TV for other integrations like an Apple TV and a remote...
  18. mmsean

SX-1250 Faceplate and 100hz knob Parts

Hi everyone, considering buying a SX-1250 but it has a nick in the faceplate and knob is bent. Anyone know any obscure locations where I could get a mint faceplate or knob? I tried Oaktree, the bay etc but no luck. Really like a unit but it has a nick where something fell on the 100hz knob...
  19. mmsean

Potential Purchase | Pioneer SX-980 vs SX-1250

I have a couple of opportunities to purchase a couple of items and wanted to see y'alls thoughts. Although I wish I could get the screaming deals from yesteryear those times are few and far between apparently. I'd like to add that I'm a first time buyer so vintage stuff is new to me. I am...
  20. D

Pioneer SX-1250 Weak Left Channel After Re-Cap

After replacing all the capacitors, resistors and transistors on the Left and Right Power Amp boards, I finally got the zero volts needed on the bias and finally got the 2nd relay to kick in - releasing the speakers. However, the Left channel is very weak coming out of the speaker. Using all...
  21. D

SX-1250 Getting 2 Volts Between Pin-9 and GRND - Should be Zero

I just finished recapping my SX-1250. I am setting the voltages following the instructions on page 38 of the service manual (Amp Board #048, Stabilizer Board #106) I'm getting 2 volts between Pin-9 and GRND (it should be zero) on both the Left and Right Power Amp boards. The readings are...
  22. K

SX 5590-SX 1250 help please.

Hello Everyone, https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sx1250-sx5590-restoration.907820/#post-13669309 I've started the recap and update for my beloved SX 5590. Find that thread above. And I've encountered my first problem so I'm hoping somebody here can assist with the...
  23. xXColdShotXx

Pioneer SX-1250 Dial Lamp Issue

I have rebuilt every board in my SX-1250 except the tuner. I have an issue with the 4 main dial lamps going from barely lit dim to kind of bright randomly. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what may be the problem? Thanks.
  24. J

Pioneer SX-1250 Restoration Recommendation Needed.

Hello everyone, First post here. I have been reading some posts here & elsewhere about who to send my average condition SX-1250 to to have it fully restored. These are the guys I have found. I'm looking to find out who you recommend & why. I did talk to the guy at Many Moons. I put in...
  25. Airjmax

My Pioneer SX-1250 Story

I was browsing my local Letgo items, and saw a listing titled "Antique Stereo Collector's Item - $100" with a dark, out-of-focus photo. I could make out that it was a vintage 70's receiver, but not what make/model. I immediately messaged the seller, who informed me that it was a Pioneer...
Back
Top Bottom