sx 950

1. J

SX950 restoration issue

I appreciate everyone’s input on this forum and I have learned a lot from reading about other people’s issues. I was inspired to take on my first project, of this type, knowing there was a lot of knowledgeable people on the forum. I am restoring an SX950 that I bought new in 1977. It worked...
  2. R

SX 950 power board issues, and issues down stream

Got an SX 950, and when I plugged it in, I had dimming and brightening of the lighting, as well as popping noise on the A speaker output. I found a blown cap on the EQ amp board, and recapped and replaced all transistors on that board. Before I went further I checked the numbers on the power...
  3. AZstone

Problems with SX 950 phono input

Hello - I've been lurking for quite some time, and I've enjoyed reading through all of the posts specifically in the Pioneer forum. I've been waiting for my chance to get my hands on one of these beauties and I finally did. SX 950 in impeccable condition, all original parts and cosmetically...
  4. Santa01

Pioneer SX 950 Speaker recomendations

Hello guys, Wondering what speakers you guys have tried. I realize that it is a subjective matter. I tend to like the warmer fuller sound that one gets from a tube type system. I did hear some Marantz Prestige Series 1230s that just sounded wonderful! Thanks, Guys!!!
  5. EvanF

SX950 power supply woes. 10V too little at pin 15 unloaded (some other pins out of wack too)

What could be the issue? Tested all the transistors out of circuit and then this happens...
  6. EvanF

SX-950 - Power supply pin 15 is 7VDV when it should be higher.

Recapped the board and tested all resistors and transistors. Where to next?
Back
Top Bottom