td160

1. p.robustini

Thorens TP16 base tilted?

Hi guys! I was experimenting with thinner mats than my 5 mm Funk Firm Achromat that got a little warped. So I noticed that even with the tonearm pivot all the way down and a 3 mm spacer over the cartridge, the tonearm is still sloping towards the headshell. To be honest, even with the Achromat...
  2. TellMeWhy

Help! Thorens TD160 Motor rumble and motor azymuth issues!

While adjusting the motor azymuth I managed to over tighten the adjustment screw mechanism so that it now turns in it's housing and serves no purpose. To get around this I found a simple solution by glueing the motor mounts correctly in place with epoxy. Now everything works fine, but I notice a...
  3. Al Pesto

Roaring buzz in TD160

My old Thorens buzzed intermittently for while. Now it's unusable. I've changed cartridge leads and now head shell. No difference. Obviously I have no idea what I'm doing. Who can repair this turntable in Los Angeles area?
  4. D

Thorens TD160 MKI cartridge quest

Hello everybody, I need your advice for a replacement cartridge on my serviced (but unmoded) Thorens TD160 MKI (with the original TP16 arm which effective mass is 16,5 g). My actual Benz Micro MC20E2 H cartridge has been used for 5 years and I think it lacks soul and dynamics. I got a Marantz...
  5. cardoctordav

Thorens TD160 motor hum (not through the speakers)

I bought a Thorens TD160 abot 12 years ago. Never used it or tested it. Put it in my closet and recently took it out to test a Receiver that I sold. The motor has a very prominent hum. The hum is from the motor and not coming through the audio. The shaft of the motor turn very smoothly and...
  6. M

Thorens TD 160 troubleshooting

Hi everyone. I have only been into vinyl for a few years. Started out with a cheap TT, upgraded to a better one and now just recently got a Thorens TD 160. I love it but have been running into a couple problems. I have searched on the threads and seen some people have similar problems. 1...
  7. bberkom

Thorens TD160 mkII Grace F9 edition value

I have a lead on a Thorens TD160 mkII. This is a special edition that came with a Grace F9 cartridge and says Grace on the chassis. The stylus has been replaced with what the seller says is a modified stylus for another cart that someone sells on ebay but that works with the F9? The table shows...
  8. Pieman2016

Thorens TD160 cartridge/stylus and upgrade recommendations.

Just got hold of TD160 mark 1. I have oiled the main platter bearing and dropped a tiny bit of sewing machine oil on the motor spindle. The TT has the original Thorens arm and headshell with a Shure M75ED cartridge and stylus. I think this could be the original cart/stylus. I have set the...
  9. F

Thorens TD-160 Motor Windings Question

Hi there, I just got a TD-160 with a motor that won't turn when powered on. I'm running through some diagnostics to try and determine what the problem is before I plunk down the money for a new (old) motor. Can someone please tell me what the resistance value of the motor windings should read...
  10. p.robustini

Thorens TD-125 motor on TD-160?

After having acquired my second TD-160 to adjust and sell, I noticed some differences but the one about the motor pulley really strikes me: this is the pulley in the TD-160 I already posted about here. A Google search would suggest this is a TD-125 pulley. Is it possible early TD-160s mounted...
  11. p.robustini

Thorens TD-16x: mod or keep it stock?

I've been playing a while with my Thorens TD-165. I added damping material to the inside of the plinth walls, to the bottom of the faceplate, and lately even to the bottom of the sub-chassis (also around the bearing well) - using a combination of adhesive tar sheets and white tac. I have been...
  12. Thorens plint Palissander Maple

Thorens plint Palissander Maple

Thorens TD160 with custom plinth in Palissander and birdseye maple
Back
Top Bottom