technics 1200

1. F

re: Mordaunt Short Pageant 2 - Bass / Frequency Issues - Upgrade, add Sub, or Stack ?

Hello and thank you in advance for any advise! Speaker novice 101 I recently upgraded my speakers + amp to: Mordaunt Short Pageant 2 + Sansui au-217 ii To join my Technics 1210's + Allan & Heath Xone mixer. My budget was tight but was blown away with the sound upgrade and the cheap deal -...
  2. E

Warped Turntable dust cover fix?

Hi there! Hope everyone is having a wonderful new year! I recently bought a technics 1200 dustcover great shape, but it wasn't till I installed that noticed it was warped... I was thinking to put it on a large piece of glass (large enough to fit the whole dust cover) and and put it inside the...
  3. F

Help - Mysterious Technics SL-1200 Noise

I just got this Technics SL-1200 turntable from Japan, for a good price. Appearance wise, this turntable is in great condition! The only problem is that when the platter starts to spin, a loud sort of sputtering / squeaking noise can be heard. Here's what it sounds like...
  4. Z

technics sl1200 mk2 oscillating speed

So I got a used technics sl1200 mk2 turntable with a slight problem. I can see the strobe dots slightly moving back and forth around the correct speed, rather than staying completely still like they should. The turntable will stay maintain the correct rpm. I do not think that this is audibly...
  5. L

Technics 1200 mk2 feet/foot .. WASHERS

A while back I upgraded my Technics 1200 mk2 feet to Isonoe's. Now that I am booking more turntablists and starting to get into it myself, there is a realisation that these are only good for mixing and not for scratching. I looked at the new aftermarket foot options and there are MANY. So for...
  6. S

Hana SL or Hana ML

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'd like to share a question with you. I have a technics 1210 with an original tonearm, rewired (rca's and tonearm cable) and a gold note ph-10 pre-amp. Till now I have MM cartridges and want to buy a better MC cartridge. After some readings and get a good price...
  7. B

Technics SL1200MK2 or something new?

Hey guys I posted on here a few months back about being new to turntables. I got busy with work so I wasn't able to get too deep into it. I found a Technics SL1200MK2 for sale near me that was just recently serviced and already comes with a cartridge so its ready to go. They are asking $550 for...
  8. AceTechHD

Testing a few methods of digitizing vinyl

Let me know which one sounds better to you! I find (B) is closer to the 2009 CD release in terms of sound. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. Both were recorded from a 3rd UK pressing of Rubber Soul (Stereo). What Goes On (A): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qtAIkl ... sp=sharing...
  9. B

New to Turntables

Hello! As you can tell by the title of this I'm new to turntables. I'm going to be purchasing one pretty soon here to complete my setup (Sansui G-8000, DCM TF1000's) and I would love some advice on what turntable I should try to pick up. I've heard very good things about Technics SL series such...
  10. mr_soju

Advent 5002 - Low, rolling distortion hum (left channel) + bonus problem

A friend of mine gave me a pair of Advent 5002s that I'm very grateful for.. They needed a refoam and I did that. I hooked everything up and they do work. Refoam a success. However, the left channel is causing this weird, low rolling distortion hum. I can't explain it too well, but the...
  11. AceTechHD

How would a Linn Basik Plus tonearm fair on a Technics 1200?

I have the ability to get a Linn Basik Plus tonearm for a pretty good price. If possible would it be worth replacing a stock Sl-1200 (MK2) tonearm with the Basik tonearm?
  12. canadapuck

The Technics 1200 Fascination?

This is a recurring issue that I have, I keep wanting to re-own a technics sl1200 mk2, preferably in black. This is not the first time that I have had this issue but it's something I want to be talked out of, or maybe diagnosed and cured of? So I am looking for all the good reasons why the 1200...
  13. L

Help Matching Cartridge to SL-1210 MKII and McIntosh 4100

I need some help trouble shooting a hum problem and finding the right cartridges that will match my system, which consists of a Technics SL-1210 MK2 which is connected to a McIntosh MAC4100 receiver and Axiom Audio M100 Towers. The SL1210 came with a Stanton MP 6800 EL cartridge, but I am...
  14. JPJ

fell into a crazy tube system but can't keep everything, looking for advice on best way to upgrade

Kind of a long story and wasn't sure where to post. I'm new to posting on the forum (have used it as a resource plenty) and have always used a low budget setup at home. I've had and really enjoyed an HK 730 paired with kef Carlton iii's. Audio is either coming from my technics 1200 mkII or...
  15. S

Best setup for Marantz 2325 and Technics SL-1200MK2

I currently have a 2325 receiver I’ve been using with my Technics 1200 turntable, Marantz 5010B tape duck, and a Marantz CD-67SE CD player. Speakers being used are a pair of Celestion Ditton 100 and a pair of Celestion D10s. The receiver and turntable have been professionally restored but...
  16. V

My systems

Here I am showing my main system. At the heart of this system are the Nakamichi 410 Preamp and SAE 2200 Solid State Stereo Power Amp. Both belonged to my father, they are in near perfect cosmetic shape and perfect working order. The speakers used in this system are Pioneer Andrew Jones SP-FS52...
  17. UCSBeatNick

Technics SL-1200 mk2 feedback from toughing tone arm?

I've been getting feedback from just touching the headshell arm or the tone arm. Am I going to have to replace the tonearm wires or maybe the ground is bad? Thanks all.
  18. EK517

Technics overhang gauge

Hi all, Looking at the specs on VE's tonearm database, except for the original model, the SL 1200 mk2 through mk5 arms are 230mm effective length, 215mm pivot to spindle and thus 15 overhang length. There is that little plastic Technics SFK0135-01 Overhang Gauge for SL-1200, I assume it is...
  19. H

Cartridge recommendation Technics 1200 MK 2 Lounge Audio MKIII

Sorry, I know phono cartridge recommendations are all over this board as well as others. But been having a difficult time piecing together solid advice for my particular set up. I am running a KAB Technics 1200 MK2 through the Lounge Audio LCR MKIII into Onkyo 9010 integrated amp and...
  20. John Baker

Hello From New Hampshire

I've been visiting Audiokarma for years, but I finally decided to join. I have a passion for vintage gear, esp. silver face plate Pioneer. I just wish I knew more. Currently I own a Pioneer SA-9100 integrated amp, a Pioneer Rt-707 reel-to-reel tape player, a Technics SL-1200 turntable, a pair of...
  21. plschles

Assistance Please: Can someone identify what type of tonearm this is?

Please identify the tonearm on this SL-1200. Can't figure it out. Thanks.
  22. Embryos

installing cartridge without gauge or protractor

, TT-technics 1200 MK5 cartridge/stylus- Shure M35X Headshell -Technics standard Hello I finally received my new cartridge and headshell! I dont have the proper tools, such as protractor and overhang gauge. Im pretty anxious to get this thing installed and online! Can anyone give me some...
  23. Embryos

Technics 1200MK5 slight damage on delivery

Hello, I purchased an MK5 on ebay, in pretty immaculate condition, ($479) rubbermat, slip cover, dust cover, numark CC1 cartridge included. Well long story short, the seller shipped the TT in a crappy box, filled with popcorn foam and airbags, 90 percent of which were popped or uninflated and...
  24. Sprungtol

[ASK] Technics SL1200MK2 AC volt Mods

Hello AKers, Have you guys ever tried modifying a Technics SL 1200 MK2's 100 volt AC and convert it to 220 volt AC ? I'm trying to mod this voltage transformer but i have no idea. Maybe some info about what volt transformer brand to use ? Any useful schematics ? Please share your experience...
  25. PHILEAUDIO

AT15sa vs M97xe

Recently they gave me a AT15sa cartridge, but lacks the needle, worth putting to work this cartridge? or is it better to buy the shure m97xe? I own a Technics 1200 mk2 turntable. I appreciate your comments.
Back
Top Bottom