tfm-300

1. artsybob

TFM-300 Suddenly Stopped Working

Last Spring I fixed up a TFM-300 tuner (replaced all electrolytic caps, had everything else tested) and for several months it worked perfectly with no incident. A couple of days ago while tuned into a station playing Christmas music the signal faded out and now I just get static. It doesn't pick...
  2. artsybob

Fisher TFM-300 Up and Running!

Finally got my Fisher TFM-300 tuner restored and made it part of my stereo system! (I'm running it through my Realistic SAF-40D integrated tube amp). Sounds great, and I just love the way it lights up from the red stereo beacon light to the grid pattern the metal case projects onto the wall. I...
  3. artsybob

Need Help Finishing Fisher TFM-300 Restoration

So far I've replaced nearly all the capacitors in this tuner, but I need help replacing the last remaining can cap, replacing the selenium rectifier and testing it to see if the other parts work fine. Does anyone know of someone in the DC/Virginia/Maryland area that can help out? Thanks!
  4. artsybob

Fisher TFM-300- Replacing Selenium Rectifier

I have already posted this in the General Audio thread, but I figured I'd repost it here as well. I'm in the process of restoring a Fisher TFM-300 tuner. It's been advised that I replace the selenium rectifier in the unit but I've never replaced one before. I bought this full-wave bridge...
  5. artsybob

Replacing Selenium Rectifier (Fisher TFM-300)

Hello all, I'm trying to replace the selenium rectifier in a Fisher TFM-300 tuner. I bought an 8 amp 400V full wave bridge rectifier as a replacement. Would this be a drop-in replacement or would I have to solder in additional resistors? Thanks for the help! Here's the schematic...
  6. artsybob

The Fisher TFM-300 Tuner: Worth Restoring?

My uncle has an old Fisher TFM-300 tuner lying around and I was wondering if these early (mostly) solid-state units were worth fixing up. It's got the 6AL5 and 6CW4 "Golden Synchrode" front end. I know the can caps and all the filter caps underneath the chassis need replacing, but I'm wondering...
Back
Top Bottom