thorens td160

1. edwinh

Thorens TD 160- Sansui SR-525

Hello all, About 15 years ago, I bought the TD 160 for $80. It worked but it was rough, so I've invested a bit into it, it was maintained about 10 years ago, bearing lubricated, etc. But the suspension has never been right. I bought new springs from Vinyl Nirvana and tried to get everything...
  2. ageis1

Buying a Thorens TD160! What to check before I take the plunge?

Hi guys, I have decided to go-ahead and buy a Thorens TD160. There are a couple in my local area in the $700-$1000 range that I can inspect first before I buy. I have done a bit of reading and know about the usual suspects to check (that the spindle isn't wobbly, that the motor is quiet), but...
  3. bluenote79

Thorens TD 160 (spindle size and 45rpm speed problem)

Hi guys, I have recently purchased a really nice TD 160 turntable. I've got it all set up and am super happy with it, except for 2 issues. 1. The spindle is really, really tight on some records. Not all of them, and it doesn't seem to care what decade the records were produced in. Some...
  4. TellMeWhy

Why does my Thorens TD160 turntable sound worse than Spotify?

Hi folks, after a bit of general advice here. I have in recent years brought back into service a THORENS TD160 MK1 turntable that I've had for ages but stopped bothering with vinyl some years ago. Like so many others, and with a decent library of records, I started to get back into it, but so...
  5. TellMeWhy

Marantz 2270 uneven phono sound....

Dear All, I have a recently required 2270 that has been "almost entirely recapped" by it's previous owner, who claimed to be an electronic tech. Certainly the main power caps are indeed new, I didn't take it apart in detail to find out more.... On line and tape inputs (incl digital sources) it...
  6. J

Thorens TD160 hum

Hi all. Looking for some guidance and experience here. I have a Thorens TD160 and was getting significant RF Ingres, a local AM radio station, coming through loud and clear on my phono channel. I just replaced the original interconnectors with Synapse High Performance Multi Media...
  7. TellMeWhy

Used vintage cassette deck for under $200?

Dear all, I am thinking about revisiting the wonderful world of cassette tape, more for enjoyment of the warm, fuzzy analogue sound than for archiving. I would welcome your suggestions on an easy maintenance vintage unit that would sit well between my Marantz 2230 and Thorens TD160MK1 (a 70's...
  8. TellMeWhy

Cartridge Choice for Thorens TP16

Hi folks, Having recently bought a Nagaoka MP110 for my Thorens TD160 Mk1 (TP16 arm) I am enjoying the sound, but through a Marantz 2230 and Kef 103.2 speakers I find it (compared to an old and now worn out Ortofon OM10) overly warm, super rich is bass but crucially muted / suffocated in the...
  9. TellMeWhy

Thorens TD160 Mk1 Suspension Levelling / Arm Board Condundrum

Hi everyone. I spent some time levelling the suspension on my TD160 MK1 last night, but it seems like either I can get platter level OR the arm board (visually) level. Common sense tells me this shouldn't be the case and the arm board is simply screwed down to the sub platter, right? Is it...
Back
Top Bottom