yamaha rx-v663

1. Kreshna

Does Sansui AU-7900 drive difficult load speakers better than higher specced amplifiers?

Okay, this is about my B&W DM302, whose impedance drops to 3 ohms from 200 to 300 Hz, and to 5 ohms between 10 to 20 kHz. When driven by 25 wpc Sansui A-40 (not the best of Sansui, apparently), the resulting sound is strained and shouty. Very fatiguing. B&W DM302's impedance curve, compared...
  2. Kreshna

Still hesitant to use modern amplifiers, recommendations are welcome.

I'm not saying vintage amplifiers always sound better than modern ones, I'm not saying Sansui AU-7900 is representative of the sound of all vintage amps either. Just like modern amps, there are good sounding vintage amps and there are bad sounding vintage amps. It's just so happens that the...
  3. Kreshna

Looking for bright-sounding, clinical-sounding power amp for my B&W.

Yamaha AV receivers are often stereotyped as bright, transparent, and clinical, and it seems my RX-V663 is no exception. In fact, when paired with JBL 120Ti --titanium dome tweeters, the system sounds so transparent and clinical, without any attempt to make bad recordings sound good. As such, it...
  4. starcopy

Connecting turntable to Yamaha RX-V663 receiver w Pure Direct

Hi. Am hoping to get some sound advice about connecting a vintage TT to my Yamaha RX-V663 AVR (currently being used to drive a 5.1 HTS.) I play CDs through my Blue Ray player connected via HDMI. And I stream music via Pandora. But my goal here: to properly connect/use my Denon TT with the...
  5. starcopy

Better sounding vinyl with Yamaha RX-V663 or Sony STR-DA5200ES?

Hi. Would appreciate any thoughts on which system might be best for playing vinyl. In this corner is a nice home theater system powered by a Yamaha RX-V663 A/V receiver. But NO phono stage. Currently using a cheap Pyle pre-amp with a proven MM cartridge/TT connected to an unused CD input...
Back
Top Bottom