£23,000 worth of speaker cable on Amazon...read my review!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very high end system and I do not care at all what anyone pays for their gear. If you want it and can afford it more power to you. But if you cannot tell the difference between fun and fact to the point that it gets you upset there is an underlying problem that has nothing to do with audio.

You get "hit the nail on the head award!" (Should the exclamation point be inside or outside the quotes? I always feel I get that wrong).

As for envy being involved, there is no such thing. You may be referring to YouTube where every mega-buck turntable (many of which I un enviously and openly covet and would be proud to own) as well as amps like that massive tube amp playing Bach which must cost the gdp of a small country and 250k speakers always seem to elicit hateful and envious comments. I have yet to see anyone here make ridiculous snarky jokes about any of that stuff. Cables, on the other hand, are different.

I can certainly guarantee you one thing; if I ever acquire a six-figure turntable and the requisite amps and speakers that go with it, I will perform a dbt with pro-cable and ultra high end cable before I pay another six figures for ICs and speaker cable. You can bet your bottom million dollars on it.

Oh, and I would still chuckle at the "tied up my wife" review.

Lighten. Up. Francis.

It was obviously a joke review then everyone took personal butt-hurt offense (started by the obvious members). Just take away from this unless you're a 5000 post member your post will be taken literally and hurt everyone's feelings.. It's affects old men feelings, which ruins the board. It's comical. Ask me how much I've spent on my system, it's offensive, but guess what "eat a d***."

The thing is, why can't we all respect what each other have? There is always going to be someone that is smarter, prettier, richer, etc. than you. That is just the way of it. Be happy with what you have and be happy the other person is happy with what they have.

That means not taking pot shots (which is what the OP did) at things for sale like these cables (and these are not the most expensive cables either). Transparent Audio Magnum Opus 10 ft cable goes for 64K USD a pair. There are others that cost even more. They wouldn't make them if there wasn't a market for these cables.

C'mon Bot, it was obviously a joke. If you don't own these then take the post as it was intended. Make the forum fun, not tight-assed. I personally think your posts are valuable and I learn, but don't drink the kool-aid.

The purpose of Amazon REVIEWS is for users/purchasers to state their opinions and experiences with the product being sold.
Good and bad, thus giving a limited perspective of how the product performs in the real world.

It's not a circus for assclowns to make a spectacle of themselves.

Nice attitude. I guess I have to be the adult here, which is hy I hve ben saying what I have. I don't have hurt feelings but what people say out there and then gets referenced back to AK, makes us looks bad, on this site.

Just remember, once you say it on the interweb, it is there forever.

Bot the Eat a reference wasn't directed towards you, I would never do/say that to a member. I could care less what anyone on here has (equipment), enjoy the tunes and live!

It was obviously a joke review then everyone took personal butt-hurt offense (started by the obvious members). Just take away from this unless you're a 5000 post member your post will be taken literally and hurt everyone's feelings.. It's affects old men feelings, which ruins the board. It's comical. Ask me how much I've spent on my system, it's offensive, but guess what "eat a d***."

I don't find a guy joking about tying up his wife and the being anally violated to the point he can't sit down vey funny. Some do, I don't. I don't want to read that crap either. Respectful people understand that and don't put crap like that up where the whole world (women, children, our mothers, grandmothers) can read it. If you want to tell fart jokes while drinking beer at the frat house have at it but have some respect in public FFS.

I don't find a guy joking about tying up his wife and the being anally violated to the point he can't sit down vey funny. Some do, I don't. I don't want to read that crap either. Respectful people understand that and don't put crap like that up where the whole world (women, children, our mothers, grandmothers) can read it. If you want to tell fart jokes while drinking beer at the frat house have at it but have some respect in public FFS.

I didn't post it, but trust me I won't be on your lawn.

It's a lowbrow, sophomoric, "joke" at best. Left in the amazon review section none the less. I could see why many don't find any humor in it

Posted in the right place it is kind of funny.
I just don't think Amazon reviews is the right place.

I guess the take away is at Audiokarma, is lets clown everyones gear as long as it's not mine.

Nice, and I thought it was All Audio no Attitude

To bad not everyone can enjoy the site....god forbid you fall in the class thats deemed funny.

Oi. The stench of hypocrisy that warbled all up in this thread. Seriously? I can't decide if it's sad, embarassing, funny or all three. One thing's for sure...it smells & tells.

Since the best cables should impart no sound signature of their own, if one fell over in the forest and no-one could hear, did it really happen?

I met the owner of SilNote Audio at Axpona last April, which is a brand of expensive cables that aren't quite that expensive but pricey nonetheless. The way they demonstrated their cables made audio components sound better was all smoke and mirrors. These cables should be categorized as snake oil.

Ever wonder why AK doesn't have factory input on this site, doesn't have very many members that have high end systems, doesn't have members that design and build high end?

We used to....and they are out there but are on sites that the members actually buy equipment, actually want to know about advancements and testing and what's new in the audio world.

Why did you go to AXPONA then? Too see all the 'Snake Oil' you can't afford? I see how that is.

:rolleyes:

I highly doubt anyone on Amazon is being done a disservice by the joke review. I also highly doubt anyone spending 20k on a pair of cables gives a flying f--k what some idiots on Amazon have to say anyway. I'm counting myself as one of those idiots by the way :)

They probably hired an expert to set up the system anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom