‘A Quiet Place’

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by prisoners, Jul 11, 2018.

1. prisoners

prisoners AK Subscriber Subscriber

worth a rental, good performances and kept my interest.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. EngineerNate

EngineerNate AK Subscriber Subscriber

One of the best psychological thrillers/horror movies I've ever watched. It was nuts in Atmos.

3. slimecity

slimecity Super Member

This was awesome - saw it in theatres. Much less disappointing than Heriditary thats for sure.

4. Bahamayellow

Bahamayellow Well-Known Member

Just watched it was really good. I wish they would have shown more in the end but maybe for a part 2

5. StimpyWan

StimpyWan AK Subscriber Subscriber

Late to the party. I just watched A Quiet Place on Epix. While it had some good points, overall, it reminded me why I stopped watching The Walking Dead.

Lapses in logic, in this movie, kill me. Mainly, why o' why was Beau bringing up the rear, in the march home from the market run? Why wasn't a parent on rear guard, to watch over the kids? Especially since everyone was aware how the slightest noise could bring death. Silly.

Why was Regan not allowed on parts of the farm? Was A Quiet Basement less safe, than wandering endlessly through corn fields? I grew up on a farm, wandering through corn stalks is not a quiet process. It makes noise. She'd be dead. Quickly.

Now, the sacrificial death. Ugh! I'll allow myself to be killed, with out any idea of what comes next? Sacrifice myself, for a win today, with certain risk of death tomorrow. I'm going down fighting. Again, silly.

A Quiet Place, was A Quiet Mess. Maybe the sequel will be better? :confused:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Hajidub likes this.
  6. prisoners

prisoners AK Subscriber Subscriber

I thought the same thing about the ending.

Please register to disable this ad.