‘Allo ‘Allo! On Netflix, British Sitcom

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I just found out that All nine seasons of the British Sitcom ‘Allo ‘Allo! are on Netflix. I have long had all nine seasons loaded on My hard drives. The series was written and produced by the same production company that produced “Are You Being Served”. If you like British sitcoms you will like this one.

2715BBA9-5C16-49E4-AA83-E7E7E27BF796.png

The character Officer Crabtree (Arthur Bostrom) must have given the French heart palpitations. Even after all of these years it is funny.

? So I don't like Being Served, but I do like My Hero. I do like Fawlty Towers, but I don't like Vicious. Since I like some britcoms, will I only like some of the episodes?
As they say in mathematics;
“That is a user definable value”.:dunno:

Last edited:
I just found out that All nine seasons of the British Sitcom ‘Allo ‘Allo! are on Netflix. I have long had all nine seasons loaded on My hard drives. The series was written and produced by the same production company that produced “Are You Being Served”. If you like British sitcoms you will like this one.

View attachment 1284477

I love Allo Allo. Enjoy!

The Brits have a unique type of humor. And the World is grateful. "Are you being served, The 2 Ronnies, Monty Python, Mr.Bean, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Dad's Army, The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, The Goodies, Benny Hill, To the manor born, Kenny Everret's video show, The young ones, The likely lads. There are still more I can't remember.

The first time I tried to watch this show it didn't make much sense. I had no idea of who was working against each other and who could understand who. Then I found the first series and watched it from beginning to end and enjoyed it immensely. I even converted a couple of friends to be fans who usually don't get British humour.

"It is I, Leclerc!"

Last edited:
Such a good show. Used to air late night on the local PBS station. As a kid I would watch Arthur and Nightly business report as they were back to back 4:30 and 5. and then sneak to the TV after everyone was asleep to watch Red Dwarf, Are You Being Served, 'Allo 'Allo!, and a couple other British shows.

What made Officer Crabtree so funny was you were hearing in English what he was actually saying in French.

View attachment 1284477
I believe it’s a satire on a war drama secret army ! Both were very good! I remeber watching secret Army on PBS they interupted for a fund drive the callers heckled the announcer so much he had a meltdown on live tv ! Then they went back to the show!

There was another very entertaining sitcom called Dad’s Army it was centered around a group of WW2 Homegaurdsmen.

I've watched it through a couple of times o'er the last 30 years. Good program(me).

The Brits have a unique type of humor. And the World is grateful. "Are you being served, The 2 Ronnies, Monty Python, Mr.Bean, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Dad's Army, The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, The Goodies, Benny Hill, To the manor born, Kenny Everret's video show, The young ones, The likely lads. There are still more I can't remember.

Maybe add the TV series, "Blackadder Goes Forth" (WWI comedy) with Atkinson in it, along with "The Thin Blue Line", a police satire.

Q

Gents Blackadder, series' 2-4 inclusive, are essential works to the understanding of British humour.

May I also recommend the somehow simultaneously lower-brow and higher-concept Red Dwarf as well.

As for modern stuff, Upstart Crow is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom