‘Vinyl Purist’ Identified As Primary Suspect In Slaying Of 22-year-old Traktor DJ

This is maybe a slightly different take on "vinyl purity" than I have in mind, but if it isn't a joke it is incredibly sad. It does remind of "The Onion" somehow, though....

"Equalizer adheres to the DMCA. While some facts may be true, Equalizer's content is entirely satirical. Conclusions drawn from content are probably incorrect and in no way based in fact. We encourage all readers to pay attention and verify sources before making impulsive tweets or Facebook updates about ridiculous headlines."

I guess now they could ad forum posts to the list :)

"Equalizer adheres to the DMCA. While some facts may be true, Equalizer's content is entirely satirical. Conclusions drawn from content are probably incorrect and in no way based in fact. We encourage all readers to pay attention and verify sources before making impulsive tweets or Facebook updates about ridiculous headlines."

I guess now they could ad forum posts to the list :)
Given what has happened in a few threads on this forum of late it is more believable than it should be.... :nono::D

This is the quote that tipped me off that it was a fake story:

-- “[Borowski's] simplistic dynamics and preset loops would drag for 16, 32, or even 64 bars at a time,” says clubber Daniel Hirsch.

“It’s doesn’t really surprise me that he was murdered.” -- (I smelleth a wiff of Onion in the air)

And then when I started reading the Thom Yorke story linked below it, I knew something hinky was definitely going on... Pretty-funny though.

-- “[Borowski's] simplistic dynamics and preset loops would drag for 16, 32, or even 64 bars at a time,” says clubber Daniel Hirsch.

“It’s doesn’t really surprise me that he was murdered.” -- (I smelleth a wiff of Onion in the air)

And then when I started reading the Thom Yorke story linked below it, I knew something hinky was definitely going on... Pretty-funny though.
Yeah, I caught the same whiff. The cheek must have been getting sore from the tongue being so firmly planted in it as the "story" was being written.

Yeah, I caught the same whiff. The cheek must have been getting sore from the tongue being so firmly planted in it as the "story" was being written.

I figured it was fake when I read "22-year-old Polish DJ Mark Borowski". A real paper would have printed his DJ alias and then his real name. But honestly the whole scenario was kind of stupid.

I must admit, I was totally-buying it up until that point (I still thought it was funny, even when I was still believing it... Does that make me a little bit evil?).

Is Tractor that program where you use two pseudo-LP's to facilitate the manual "scratching" movement (pseudo-PLATTERS, really), but everything is still firmly-planted in the digital realm?

Or is it something else?

I must admit, I was totally-buying it up until that point (I still thought it was funny, even when I was still believing it... Does that make me a little bit evil?).

Is Tractor that program where you use two pseudo-LP's to facilitate the manual "scratching" movement (pseudo-PLATTERS, really), but everything is still firmly-planted in the digital realm?

Or is it something else?
Given how heated folks can get about all things analogue.... sadly, I found it amusing as well, in a sick sort of way. The description of blood on the SL1200 must have been what did it. I did smell Onion on it from the outset though.

I know nothing about the program supposedly described, but it sounds like the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom