“If they’re not holes, then what are they?”

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by reydelaplaya, Jun 9, 2018.

1. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

And this is why I wanted you to look at it as a whole chair and not just boards side by side. You are now looking at the wood the direction it runs and that changes the color. You also can step back and get a over all opinion.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. reydelaplaya

reydelaplaya AK Subscriber Subscriber

Ok, that's what I'll do then. It'll be a few days before I can start with any of the others so I'll just let this one sit for the moment. If we get some nice weather in the next few days maybe I can get outside to get that part done sooner.

Thanks again, Dan. I'll post back in here when I've got the rest up to this point.

4-2-7 likes this.
  3. 4-2-7

Here's the photos I promised

IMG_0810.jpg IMG_0807.jpg IMG_0808.jpg IMG_0809.jpg

reydelaplaya likes this.
  4. reydelaplaya

5. 4-2-7

reydelaplaya likes this.
  6. reydelaplaya

Since I was out at the hardware store today anyway, I picked up a couple packs of 3/8” fluted dowel pins to replace the originals - I took one along for size comparison.

They fit a little too loosely in a few of the holes - enough so that if I turn that piece upside down, they’ll fall out. I don’t think that will give a good support for the glue and will probably be a joint issue in the future since it’s not snug. I’ve got a 100 pack of 7/16” sitting in my cart on Amazon since I’m not driving all over western PR looking for these. Would that be the next logical size up? Or should I consider tracking down 13/32”?

Please register to disable this ad.