Or "hold my beer while I break stuff" I've got like a dozen of these in various iterations of JBL speakers (4406(2), 4408, L60T. L5, L1) and I'm sure they all have rotten foam. I splurged and bought the fix kit on the interwebs with the idea of reverse-engineering (sorry internet seller, if your price was in line with the perceived value I'd just buy a bunch and be done). Exhibit A, my worst (spare) 035 and the repair kit. That's not good, another seller has O-rings...maybe I'll go for bulk pricing. Flip it over Some gentle prying under the magnet. Yuck, I just finished scraping surrounds off of a pair of 4408's, pretty sure this is the same stuff. The kit came with two smaller plugs, there's no place for one on the 035 that I can find (I cleaned the residual off, no plug there). The dome popped put nicely. A poster on a JBL forum said that he used a 7/8" punch (got that) and some foam he had. I spent a long time at work checking foam properties in various packaging before I found a close imitation. Once I figure out a way to fairly accurately slice my foam to size I'll punch out a few and get to work. I'm thinking a band saw with a fence, slow and steady. This is just the physical part, I need to figure out a frequency sweep to compare before/after for my working speakers to see if I'm wasting my time. AK has been an invaluable resource for my projects, this is my way of trying to pay it back.