1/2 price speaker score

krimney

Walked into one of my usual haunts and spied 1 AVID speaker on the counter. couldn't tell if the price was 19.99 09 99.99 so I asked. they were 19.99. I asked about the mate and the guy went into the back and brought it out. He looked at the price and said 10 bucks. I asked if they worked.. we hooked them up and it turned out both fuses were blown so no tweeter. a couple fuses and they sound GREAT. Model 102 look like Philips tweeters and the woofers have rubber surrounds.

Brother called and asked if I wanted a Philips Lab series Cassette deck, it's on it's way to match the 5781 I have.

Good speaker. That was, basically, Avid's answer to the Large Advent and the Cizek 2. Another of the myriad, good, New England speaker makers of the '70s.

Regards,
Gordon.

I know where a pair are

I know where an identical pair of those are.
What is a good price and are they really good speakers?

Brother called and asked if I wanted a Philips Lab series Cassette deck, it's on it's way to match the 5781 I have.
thats great,your on your way to having the complete setup.is the tape deck the n2535?if so im sure youll be pleased with it as im with mine .dont give up on the tuner though im sure youll get one eventually.:) im sure you know what the tape deck looks like but just in case heres a photo of mine.
chris

buy em

Blurghy.....not sure what a good price is. I paid 10 bucks and they sound as good as speakers I've paid 100 for. The philips tweeter is good quality and the rubber surrounds last forever.

They sound similiar to my ADS, not quite as "complete" but close.

Yes the deck I'm getting is a 2535 b(for black version)

Back
Top Bottom