:music: I got one last year as a gift - 30 gig video model - I enjoy not having to lug my cd's in the car anymore - it is great just for that purpose alone :banana:

Sleeping next to the pod...

For me it’s a convenience, like say my car, indoor plumbing, or electric lights. Could I live without any of these? Sure, but I’ve loved music my whole life and music has always been a big part of my life. This gadget is simple, smart, and easy and as a few others have pointed out, extension cords will only go so far. My days are long and quiet and I can only stand so much of that. The music and audio books let me multitask and help set a mood that makes the rest more bearable and me more productive. It also came in real handy in one unfortunate time when I had to spend two boring and painful days and nights in a hospital as a patient. If you’ve ever tried to sleep in a hospital, you would know how impossible that is. A little quiet music with the ear buds in helped me get some much needed, rest. I also have no use for TV and 150 stations with nothing on, so free TV was little comfort and more of another aggravation during my stay. For the record, I do not watch television. I find that it sucks way too much gray matter out of my head and is a huge waste of my time. Different strokes, I guess. Finally, don’t misunderstand me, the ipod will never hold a candle to my well spent money of tubes and vinyl gear. That said, I can’t drag OTL’s and a Linn turntable around in my duffle bag!

Happy Listening! :music:

Without one, I would be left with no music at least 50% of the time. Given that choice, a lover of music would be self-destructive not to have one with his/her favorites on it. It would never be my FIRST choice as a a source, but it or nothing- no contest. I love my music too much.

tentoze said:
Without one, I would be left with no music at least 50% of the time. Given that choice, a lover of music would be self-destructive not to have one with his/her favorites on it. It would never be my FIRST choice as a a source, but it or nothing- no contest. I love my music too much.

Amen, to your point about listening time! :music:

And I like the Ry Cooder quote. :thmbsp:

tentoze said:

When I buy a new car, I sit in the dealership parking lot and set all the preset buttons on the radio. Then, as long as I own that car, the music is never off.

Never.

Do you have any idea how many cd's it takes to bring 2,000 songs with you in the car? Not to mention trying to find the one song you want to listen to while doing 75 down I-90?

As far as how long the battery lasts, I have a cigarette lighter adaptor. So, the battery lasts until the car runs out of gas, +/- another eight hours or so.

Back
Top Bottom