1050SX Main Power Switch

kitt1987

The main power switch on my 1050 has a soft, "cushy" feel to it when switching on and off now. It works but it has gotten a softer feel in comparison to the other switches on the front. Is it possible to replace the switch or is it a better idea to just look for spare parts from another receiver?

Squirt some Deoxit "Fader 5" lube in it. Right in the slot. Not much, a little shot and work it.
Make sure the hose is in the slot about 3/8" or so. It has to reach through the faceplate and chassis slots.
Even a little WD 40. The mechanical mechanism in front of the switch is the issue not the contact section.
If the small shot of lube doesn't fix it, then maybe a more aggressive approach is needed.
Easy things first.

Squirt some Deoxit "Fader 5" lube in it. Right in the slot. Not much, a little shot and work it.
Make sure the hose is in the slot about 3/8" or so. It has to reach through the faceplate and chassis slots.
Even a little WD 40. The mechanical mechanism in front of the switch is the issue not the contact section.
If the small shot of lube doesn't fix it, then maybe a more aggressive approach is needed.
Easy things first.

That would be a waste of Deoxit. The power switch on the SX 1050 has a rubber dust shield right behind the face plate that would keep the spray from reaching the switch. If you take the knobs and face plate off, you can remove the shield and access the front of the switch.

Strange indeed as mine has just recently gone really stiff and hard to operate. I've never had any Pioneer switch go like this. It's as if someone has put some glue inside the mechanism. This happens to many older camera mechanisms that sit around for years and the lubricant goes the opposite way from lubricating to sticky jam.

Back
Top Bottom