1060 - Purchased, now restoration

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by paultlaw, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Mike Sweeney

Mike Sweeney AK Subscriber Subscriber

Personally speaking, I'd be tempted to redo the wiring the correct way with the solid core and at least wrapped around the posts. You cannot wirewrap once solder has been on the posts and have it work well. Give how screwed up these are, it does give you the chance to use modern wirewrap pins and tools :) If you want to solder, then just get some standoff pins and do a few loops and call it done. Here is a fun article on the fine art of wirewrap - http://www.nutsvolts.com/magazine/article/wire_wrap_is_alive_and_well

Please register to disable this ad.

2. paultlaw

paultlaw Active Member

I am tempted to do just that. What gauge wiring should do? Where can i buy the standoff pins? Quick look on ebay and farnell have not yielded much, is there an official title for the standoffs?

3. Mike Sweeney

Mike Sweeney AK Subscriber Subscriber

4. paultlaw

paultlaw Active Member

5. paultlaw

paultlaw Active Member

Amp board completed, I put heat sink grease on 2 of the heatsink, I'm assuming no need for that as the heatsink might slip off? Probably the reason they were glued originally.

All transistors replaced, capacitors and one resistor.

6. paultlaw

paultlaw Active Member

I am kind of floundering to get this one finished, my time to get this over the line is very limited.
    Whoever messed with the unit before me, left an awful mess on the circuit boards for me to fix, lots of burnt traces etc.
    I bough some wire to connect the output transistors to the power amp board, far too stiff in my opinion i need something more flexible.
    I foolishly also forgot to adequate detail that i would need a signal generator and oscilloscope to set everything up properly and finish commissioning!
    Its a shame to have all the parts and then realise you blew your audio budget on a Onkyo A7090 with one dodgy channel!