1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

1217-1290/LE 175 help needed

Discussion in 'The Lansing Legacy' started by Mcenroe7, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Mcenroe7

Mcenroe7 Active Member

Hi all..hopefully someone knowledgeable on this can help me..I’m attempting to go a little out of my “refoam only” technical skills on speakers. Recently I obtained a pair of C38..they sound great EXCEPT one of the 1217-1290 drivers is very noticeably lower in sound. I switched the N1200 crossovers to eliminate them as the “culprit”, so the issue is definitely in the driver itself. Would this be a diaphragm issue, and if so, would anyone be able to tell me which one to purchase? And also, is it a somewhat easy job to replace for a “willing to try” novice? :)
    I will include pics of the meter reading I got..and also, this driver is the 8 ohm version.
    Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. robertgalka

robertgalka New Member

32 ohms is really high. Open it up and check for corrosion or a loose connector. Radian makes a good aftermarket diaphragm for a LE175.

3. EarlK

EarlK Well-Known Member

+1

The problem might simply be corrosion ( or a loose wire ) on the inner terminal connection .

Opening up the driver removes the wax seals ( unfortunately reducing the resale value of the driver ).

:)