12b4, 6ca4 build questions....

Alright, I added the ground bar to connect the top right to the rest of the preamps grounding. I went over all of my rca's wire's, solder splashes, gronding. all of it, didnt find a short or anything. volume pot has to be bad.... What its doing is the right channel is a steady line level signal, and the left is tunable. (up and down) slight hum, but turn it up about quarter way, its drownded..

Theres alot of gain, really smooth sounding, compliments vocals alot! all and all, a well round piece of gear. :tresbon:

pics of the volume pots from organ!

6988002.jpg

6988001.jpg

how to wire, can i use one or do i need two?

Dang it:thumbsdn: I think we should have Bricktop chime in with a value that will work best and go from there. The pot also needs to be logorithmic instead of the more common linear type pots. If you use single pots (only 3 connections) you will need two (which can be a PITA to get set right). The other option is to use a stereo pot (6 connections) and try to get one that tracks easily. Either way will work and both have pros and cons.

I think anything from 10k to 100k should work fine, since it will be driven with only solid state gear like a cd player.

Yea using dual mono pots is a big pain in the butt.:thumbsdn:

im going thru a messy seperation, so if it comes before the 25th that would be best. umm if after that ill have to supply you with a new addy! I dont want this to sound like "Oh i need it, WHEN IS IT COMING" I 'd just hate to see the woman break something in spite of me..

I hope you can see or visualize my face... saying this.

I'll check for one right now.:thmbsp:

pm sent! same pot coming, also how do you wire up them lights you use jay? the big black ones, with the oarnge cap on em?

the light in the bottom right of the pic..

dogandamp005.jpg

pm sent! same pot coming, also how do you wire up them lights you use jay? the big black ones, with the oarnge cap on em?

the light in the bottom right of the pic..

dogandamp005.jpg

Pull the little bulbs out and check the voltage. They should be 6v bulbs if I remember correctly. If so, just wire them in paralell to the 6CA4 heater taps.

paralell, i know this may sound stupid but is there a pic(on how to wire)? can i still use the led's or are they going to be removed....

I finished up my 12B4 pre last week and it's kicking ass:music:. I don't know if it will help you, but I can email you a pick if you'd like. Perhaps it will help you somehow.

Thanks to Pak and Bricktop for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom