15 minutes in the Phoenix heat.

Reminds me of the time my daughter left a crayon on the tan leather seats of our car.

No, it did *not* come out.

Friend of mine told me he left the whole box on the back deck of his parents car when he was little. His dad was not amused. I and my rear end do not recall ever doing that to mom's car.

Airports have reported that some flights are unable to take off due to the heat. There is apparently some engine issues with the heat and the heated air is also not dense enough to lift the wings. The death rate in Canada, due to heat, is very high this Summer. The Canadians are not prepared for this type of heat.

When I was a kid, maybe around 7 or so, dad, mom, me and sis took a trip to Houston to visit one of dad's buddies.

We were in a '62 Cutlass. Apparently AC was not yet a big thing in automobiles, at least not in cars sold in Indiana where we lived. It was scorching hot as we got closer to our destination. We kept noticing other cars with windows rolled up. WTF? Dad decided that the locals knew something we didn't, so up went our windows!

Yep, you guessed it. The crayons that me and sis were playing with melted. Luckily they were on the floor. I do not recall how soft the crayons got, probably (hopefully) didn't liquefy completely. And thinking about it now, I wonder how many of his perpetual Pall Mall reds dad smoked with family enclosed in that oven of a compact car. Good times.

index.php

Back
Top Bottom