$15 Radio Shack Amp that kicks - the Accurian

I have two of them and did the mod as per the first post. I enjoy one at work with a Sony SCPH 1001 as the source along with streaming from a DELL desktop. Works great there.:banana::thmbsp:

thanks john, i'll try the method used in the first post. I'll be using mine on my PC also so i can use my realistic sta-7 in another space as i don't use the tuner while it's rigged up to my PC, I figured this accurian would work out great for the PC, I'll let you know how it works out when all's hooked up and jammin!!..........:D

thanks john, i'll try the method used in the first post. I'll be using mine on my PC also so i can use my realistic sta-7 in another space as i don't use the tuner while it's rigged up to my PC, I figured this accurian would work out great for the PC, I'll let you know how it works out when all's hooked up and jammin!!..........:D

Happy to help. Do let us know how you like it.

When this amp first came out and fellow AKs started modding them, I ordered "one", yes, just 1 amp....to my surprise, I got a case of them. That is 6 amps. I modded two of them and gave the others out to fellow local AKers. It is a good clean amp for computer desk use.

When this amp first came out and fellow AKs started modding them, I ordered "one", yes, just 1 amp....to my surprise, I got a case of them. That is 6 amps. I modded two of them and gave the others out to fellow local AKers. It is a good clean amp for computer desk use.

wow!........was the case price the same as the single unit price, 14.95 i think it was?............anyway, i agree that these amps should work great for pc use, it'll free up my sta-7 for another use.............

finally got my accurian yesterday, made the mod this morning, been listening to it now for about an hour, me likes....:thmbsp:, especially the price, found my NOS unit for less than 30. shipped, will make great amp for the PC............:music:

Just added a second input (miniplug) and a selector switch to my Accurian. Started using it in the kitchen and need to switch between Bluetooth receiver and main stereo extension. Parts cost $8.66 at Radio Shack.
12291164_10153855144514271_2856296277725755837_o.jpg
12107718_10153855144869271_2147800835519453653_n.jpg
12243302_10153855145444271_5460965144167156946_n.jpg

I had two of these I took the tone/volume boards out of line on.
This was 10 years ago now...I forgot what I did.
Anyone have pictures of which cables go where to keep the tone/volume boards intact?
I need to re-enable the vol/tone so I can ship it to my niece in Chicago.

******UPDATE******
I figured this out.
I now have one of these extra in mint shape, except for a bit of writing on the bottom with magic marker that tells year/mods done.
For a media player or garage setup, these are great.
Someone who has a 50's/60's speaker system, they are custom made for because of the less-than-50hz cutoff that is built right in.
I wish there were more deals like this around.
These amps (I owned 14 of them and sent them all over the country to friends and family...all but one still working perfectly) were a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom