16 OHM Crossovers

Mutemike

Mr. Tall and Mr. Small
I have had a pair of gorgeous Jensen Triette T10's in storage for years. I love the looks and would like to incorporate them into a vintage tube set up, but while the drivers and cabinets look perfect, the crossovers are shot.

Are 16 OHM crossovers available commercially any more? If not, is there anyone on this site that is interested in making some money on the side and construct a pair for me?

Here is a link that I pulled off the web that shows the speaker details and the crossover specs:

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649274084-jensen-triette-tr10-speakers/images/1227420/

Please notice that there is a HF attenuater in the circuit as well.

Thanks for any assistance/ suggestions and...................................best regards,
Michael

Hi Michael! I would guess that these have a rather simple crossover, can't really see the crossover itself in the pics but if you open them up I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't just a few components used in it (a few capacitors/resistors?). If you take pics we could probably help you identify the components you would need to solder in to get you up and running.

Hopefully they are clearly marked. As for the attenuator for the tweeter, that could well be salvageable and just need cleaning for reliable operation with Deoxit or similar if it is not too far gone.

Hope you can get them working and looking their best, I always thought the cabinets on those were beautifully designed.

Last edited:
I have had a pair of gorgeous Jensen Triette T10's in storage for years. I love the looks and would like to incorporate them into a vintage tube set up, but while the drivers and cabinets look perfect, the crossovers are shot.

Are 16 OHM crossovers available commercially any more? If not, is there anyone on this site that is interested in making some money on the side and construct a pair for me?

Here is a link that I pulled off the web that shows the speaker details and the crossover specs:

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649274084-jensen-triette-tr10-speakers/images/1227420/

Please notice that there is a HF attenuater in the circuit as well.

Thanks for any assistance/ suggestions and...................................best regards,
Michael

I don’t know if maybe you’d rather not make them yourself, but a vote of support from me if you do decide to.

A couple years ago I was asking something similar about crossovers for the speakers I was building - the kind folks here at AK gave me the support and encouragement to do them myself - even though it had been decades since I last touched a soldering iron.

If you feel like you’ve got it in you to do it, I’d say go for it. You’ve already got the originals, so it’d be as easy as ordering the correct replacement parts, then pulling out the old ones and putting in the new. Probably only a couple capacitors for each - the rest of the stuff on the boards might already be ok.

Good luck! And maybe post some pics of the crossovers if you get a chance so we can get a better look at what your dealing with.

Parts Express used to have a catalog with a chart for putting together 4,8 or 16 ohm crossovers. Check their website.

Back
Top Bottom