1960, when every single American station wagon was a stunningly beautiful work of art

It is the best so far! But what is it? Where can I get one ???
Oh wait, I see from the file-name that it is a:
"Fuller delivered with the Thundertaker, a ’60 Cadillac Superior Coachworks hearse that’s been chopped and channeled with nearly every body panel reworked. Every bolt is high-grade, every piece of leather is flawless, it has more entertainment electronics than Best Buy, and it rides on possibly the longest hot rod chassis out there."

So not a production car :-(
It looks like somethng that could just leave the road and fly you to the moon!
It's the Callaway Areowagen, something that was proposed in 2014 about 15K

http://www.callawaycars.com/homepage/cars/callaway-corvette/callaway-aerowagen-package/

I drove a car like this to work in Wall Street area....I loved the look of the parking lot attendants....it was like fitting a whale on a row boat! I just realized this is a decade later, from the OP title.
1972_Chrysler_Town_%26_Country.jpg

DSC_0021.JPG IMHO,i consider my 2013 edge a modern day wagon.Being single i folded down the rear seats and can cram a ton of fishing/hunting gear in there.Awd and 285hp to boot!

It may be functional, but damn it's butt-ugly and has zero character .
Styling went the way of the dino by the 80,s.As new suv,s go its not ugly just butt ugly compared to say a 60,s wagon.The paint is georgous.Lot of people see black but walk on an angle to it and its really kodiak brown metallic.If i could afford it i would own a 59 ford wagon with v8 and three on the tree.

63-Austin-Countrman-DV-10-MO-07.jpg
My 1st car was a 1963 Mini wagon, but not this one. Mine wasn't nearly as nice. Chopped it out of some ice in a driveway, filled the tires, "freshened" the oil and gas then gave the battery a boost. 850cc of raw brute power came to life. I learned how to drive a stick on the way home. 0-60 in an afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom