1962 Allied Catalog

7chord

I was browsing around the ol innerwebs and stumbled across the archived Allied catalogs. Guess you all have probably seen this, but it's new to me. ( http://www.alliedcatalogs.com/html/index_catalogs_main.html http://www.alliedcatalogs.com/html/1962-210/index.html )

044.jpg

I'd say a tuner is more complicated and much more setup/alignment time required. If you follow those links, there's quite a bit of Fisher gear in the catalog. This is just the first page...

That's true.

I have a couple of the Allied catalogs - I find it interesting to see the contemporaries of the Fisher units we're familiar with. 1967 is especially interesting with all the solid state units coming out.

It was due to that transistorized gear coming out that my X-101-B wound up getting passed down to me by an uncle!

7chord. One of these days we've got to A/B our X-101-B's.

Anyone else notice the MC-2 metal cabinet on the X-100 in "SIMULATED LEATHER"?? Fisher killed a lot of Nauga's for their hydes!!!

Larry;

When I did my listing of various Fisher models and the prices I found for them, some were based on advertisements in magazines for audio products that were popular in the 1950s and 1960s, but I also found a number of prices in these various years of Allied Radio catalogs. The magazines allow one to see when a given model is introduced while the catalogs give some indication of what years the product was available, but not necessarily when they were introduced. Sometimes a dealer would have models in stock from prior years that just did not sell when first introduced, but were still available as a new item although often at reduced prices. It is fun to browse these catalogs today. It brings back good memories. I used to get my Allied, Burstine-Applebee, Lafayette, Olson or Radio Shack catalogs and spend an entire afternoon or evening looking through them and devouring the information.

Joe

I remember Lafayette - fixed quite a few of them back in the day... Amp's CB radios, etc. Also Heathkit - Still have some Heath equipment on my workbench. Jeez I must be getting old...

Back
Top Bottom