1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

1962 Fisher President VII

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by amglow, Sep 7, 2018.

1. amglow

amglow New Member

Did anyone see the 1962 Fisher President VII that sold yesterday? Asking price was $3000, and it didn't last 3 days! The President appeared on craigslist/Minneapolis on Sept 4th. By this morning, it was gone! Looked to be in great shape for its age, and original. The owner was asking $3000 and it still didn't last long. Thank goodness it was 2000 miles away from me, or I would have been trying to find a way to make it work. I guess my Executive X will have to do.

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. amglow

amglow New Member

The seller of this President still has a cabinet only, for a 1962 President for sale on craigslist (MCM) for $300. It will need work, but is in fair shape.

Attached Files:

3. thornev

thornev Well-Known Member

OOOH...With the Space Expander !!! A gorgeous piece.

4. walyfd

walyfd Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure it actually "sold" but it sure was nice to see... noticed the storage drawer looked to be absent...

So, IF it went for asking price in Provincial, would the modern complete gone for even more...

5. dcgillespie

dcgillespie Fisher SA-100 Clone Subscriber

Interesting that the preamp is identified on its front panel as a Fisher product by appearance only. My own 400CX-2 -- also a President version -- has the classic "The Fisher" printed top dead center on the face plate, in addition to the "President" identification in the upper left corner.

The tuner's face place is similarly missing any Fisher identification as well, but at least the dial glass provides it. My R-200 tuner that followed the 202-R of this console is also void of any face plate identification, only having dial glass identification as well. But at least the later model, being a fully MPXed single tuning knob AM/FM Stereo MPX design, allowed room to get the song bird back on the dial glass in place of the 202-R's left tuning meter, since only one tuning meter was required with the fully MPXed format.

Dave