1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

1963 Custom Electra VI E-48 Dial Lamps

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by JohnAZ, Feb 13, 2018.

1. JohnAZ

JohnAZ New Member

I recently purchased a '63 Custom Electra VI Model E-48 and currently tearing it down to clean and recap. I want to change the two dial lamps with either LED or other incandescent style bulb. There seems to be a lot of sizes out there for all the different models and I want to make sure I get the right ones. The manual calls for PN 150441-3. Could you please provide me with some options on replacement bulbs? I appreciate the help!

Please register to disable this ad.

2. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

That # is an internal FISHER # for the Dial Lamps for a 1965 Custom Electra VIII. The '63 Custom Electra has a totally different # for the dial lamps due to a shorter length. FISHER did not disclose commonly known industry part #'s. There is NO CURRENT STOCK EQUIVALENT for any of the FISHER "Festoon bulbs" unless you go with old stock which are exceedingly expensive, or custom made LED. In any case you'll need to provide the TOTAL Length, diameter of the ends, Voltage. EBAY is probably your best bet.

JohnAZ likes this.
  3. JohnAZ

JohnAZ New Member

What is the correct orientation of the original white painted bulbs?

4. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

Paint faces AWAY from the dial. IT's more of a reflective device and it keeps the extraneous light from leaking out around the fascia plate.

JohnAZ likes this.
  5. JohnAZ

JohnAZ New Member

Thanks! I hope the Krylon paint holds up!