1965 Ambassador VII Console

2DoubleFives

Hello! This is my first post, although I've been reading the forums for a while. I have the opportunity to purchase a '65 Ambassador VII. I've been looking for a console stereo for a while and this one appears to be in really nice shape. The TT is not working, but that's not a dealbreaker. Here are the specs from the ad. The guy is asking $500. I would love to hear your thoughts on this - and how hard/easy these are to work on if it needs some repair. Thanks!

Fisher Ambassador VII Console (1965) (Model A-690)
Chassis: 59-T, 59-A
18 Tubes, 9 Transistors/65 Watts
TT: Dual 1009
*W/R2R: Fisher Model L22 -
A-690-W (Contemporary/Walnut)
Radio works - turntable needs repair, could just be a belt. Exterior Perfect condition, walnut well taken care of.

I have no idea on value but it is a "Fisher!" And R to R are kinda rare?? Least ways I've never seen one in real life in a console. But most likely it would need to be "recapped" at a minimum unless it has been done already??

My dad had a R to R when I was growing up and I loved it. Would be fun to have one again even though I don't have anything to play on it!

Not a belt problem with the DUAL 1019. Dried up grease and a slipping idler wheel. I have a Futura VI with the identical Amp/Tuner setup. Not a hard unit to work on, but the AMPLIFIER is a HYBRID UNIT. Germanium Transistors. Be VERY CAREFUL with it. DO NOT Indiscriminantly turn any pots you might see on the amp face (4 of them). I say "might" as it may have been sent back to the shop to get the bias diode mod. If the pots have been removed (either 4 holes or 4 chrome caps) then no real worries. If they are still there, DON'T TOUCH THEM.

As for price. ONLY IN THE DOLLARS and SENSE FORUM! Even with the R2R, I'd only offer 1/2 the asking price. If you get it, then make your own MIX TAPES fromthe phono or Radio. You can connect a Laptop/IPOD/IPAD/cell phone to the AUX jacks in the back, stream, and make mix tapes from that also.

Oh OK ... then. TO the OP the question would be ... do you want that "console" or a "console??" If it is that console, chances are ... you gotta negotiate. Cuz most likely ... you will never find another just like it. But if all you want is a "Console" price wise you can do better! Out where I am they go from "take it away "PLEASE!" To well under that asking price! But I have never seen like that one. :)

I need another like I need a Hole in my Head. Right now everything except for the Executive and the 64 C.E. VII are in Storage, and probably will be for a good while.

No room in the condo, and moving out of the house. Most of them are already stacked anyway.

Sadly, this one didn't work out. It was in her basement and she didn't have anyone to help move it and there was no way I could do it. So, I'm still looking...

That's what a HANDTRUCK, STRAPS, and a couple of High School or College Football players or weight lifters, named Bubba or Mongo are good for. Promise them a Pizza and a 6 pk (provided they are over 21), and they'll practically move Heaven and Hell to get the console out.

When I move the '63 Executive outta the house to the Condo, making sure I have help this time, if it costs me more in beer and pizza than Gas to move it 50 miles (and my Yukon XL is a GAS HAWG! (Take THAT EPA!))

Back
Top Bottom