1978 realistic dream system

I would like to have one also. I think I may just order the parts, and build one myself. As if it's not enough of a pain in the ass swapping speakers/receivers in, and out, seems they all have different terminal types. A switch box would be REALLY nice!
i hear you ! What a pain switching between my sta2000 and my 2245 ! I was just looking at a few diy selectors and they look pretty easy to make!

i hear you ! What a pain switching between my sta2000 and my 2245 ! I was just looking at a few diy selectors and they look pretty easy to make!

I just looked in my parts bins, and I already have some heavy duty 2 pole, 3 position rotary switches. Now all I have to do is figure out what kind of enclosure I want to put them in, and, get some binding posts. I'll only be able to switch 3 sources, and 3 sets of speakers, but, that'll be plenty for right now.

Oh, so what happened to Christmas spirit and New Year resolutions so soon? Come on, ease up folks on the personal attacks and responses. Let's all take a deep breath and reflect a little. We are talking about speakers, right, not some world invasion or family incursion. Just walk away or ignore. It is really not worth the angst. Share your time enjoyably with friends rather than sniping with snide remarks. Please, keep it cool here.

You're like an old mangy dog with a bone. This shit happened weeks ago. Let it go.

Just responding to your post now or is there a window I must use to respond to your "wisdom" ? :rflmao: You amuse me . OK , I'll be the mature one and end it here .

Last edited:
I had the Mach ones ( never been opened ) sitting on top of my my Mach twos( new caps and everything else) and it sounded harsh ! So I switched them around and it sounds awesome now , I can shake the pictures off the walls or I can listen to some nice jazz and it sounds great to my 52 year old construction worker ears!
Once I finish my epi 400 restore I will do the vl mods to the Mach ones and I'm sure it will sound even better!

I had the Mach ones ( never been opened ) sitting on top of my my Mach twos( new caps and everything else) and it sounded harsh ! So I switched them around and it sounds awesome now , I can shake the pictures off the walls or I can listen to some nice jazz and it sounds great to my 52 year old construction worker ears!
Once I finish my epi 400 restore I will do the vl mods to the Mach ones and I'm sure it will sound even better!
That's awesome . Glad it all worked out for you .

I still have a Lab 400 from the late 70s. It was the best piece in my system, I paired it with the best receiver I could afford with paper route and snow shoveling money, a Pioneer SX-450.
I too know all about trying to get the things you wanted as a kid, it's how crap like this happens...
As you can see, I lusted after the higher priced Pioneers.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 77
I still have a Lab 400 from the late 70s. It was the best piece in my system, I paired it with the best receiver I could afford with paper route and snow shoveling money, a Pioneer SX-450.
I too know all about trying to get the things you wanted as a kid, it's how crap like this happens...

Nice stack . Those old Pioneers were worth lusting after

wow that's a nice pile of receivers

It's actually grown, this was an older pic. I got the last one I was missing recently. I bought each one of them non-working/for parts/damaged etc.. They all work now and the 1250 is recapped and used everyday.
Not trying to hijack the thread, just saying, I know EXACTLY that feeling of getting something you had no way of affording as a kid. Hell, we could barely afford food when I was a kid, let alone hi-if! :)

It's actually grown, this was an older pic. I got the last one I was missing recently. I bought each one of them non-working/for parts/damaged etc.. They all work now and the 1250 is recapped and used everyday.
Not trying to hijack the thread, just saying, I know EXACTLY that feeling of getting something you had no way of affording as a kid. Hell, we could barely afford food when I was a kid, let alone hi-if! :)
It might be the best part of the hobby .

Need more speaker wire and I'm going to switch positions with the centre Chanel and the ht amp
i had my mach 1 and 2's swicthed around. they were about the same distance apart, plugged into A/B outputs. i had to turn up the dials on the mach 1's and turn the mid dials down on the mach 2's. tweeter dials remained 1/2 way (a little too piercing after a few hours) it's all powered by an early 90's yamaha receiver. i couldn't turn it up more than a 1/3 of the way! lol, the wife doesn't like to hear it up on the 3rd floor.

wow that is a nice setup!

LOL i have a sx850 and now i'm working on my sx1250 recapping it! i had to show you set up to my wife to tell her that i dont have near as many as some guys do! lol
oh BTW i have two sets of Mach One's too!

I'd give my right nut for a system like that - - maybe both (I'm 66 an - well ya know - - - <G>) That is a fantastic sytem and if it was all I had I would be perfectly happy (estatic) with it..

Back
Top Bottom