1st song you danced to in public?

Thatch_Ear

Addicted Member
I can't remember the name of the group but the song was "Crimson and Clover" it was at a party in fall 68 and I was 12. Patty Benjamin.....:smlove:

I don't remember the song but it was also 1969.Joan Macdonald asked me to dance at our "sock hop" She was gorgeous,still is,she comes into the office now and then,
I sweat.The feelings of adolesce are the strongest.

Alan

Led Zepplin's - Stairway to Heaven, they ended every school dance to it cuz it was like 35 minutes long, I remember getting quite hot and sweaty cuz the girl I was hugging and slowly stepping around in a circle with was wearing a big poofy sweater! Such a bulky sweater I couldn't even feel her ta ta's pressing against me thru it :(

"The Twist" by Chubby Checker. It was a no-brainer movewise, and everybody else looked like a shmuck doing it too. Didn't stop anybody from doing it.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

Originally posted by Toasted Almond
"The Twist" by Chubby Checker. It was a no-brainer movewise, and everybody else looked like a shmuck doing it too. Didn't stop anybody from doing it.

The Twist? Wow you are old, I didn't realize the Wright Brothers had need for a refueling guy back in the day :p:

P.S. I hooked up the time tunnel gizmo and it looks super cool in the dark! I'll get some pics of it up this weekend ;) Thanx again!

Oh, this was a reach.

It was either "The Duke of Earl" or "Come to me Softly"

(If I could spell "Siloettes", I would have mentioned that one)

:dunno:

The first song I seriously danced to, was with my wife on our wedding night.

Louis Armstrong's "We Have All the Time in the World."

One of the last songs he wrote before he died.

g

Toasted, I'm with you on "The Twist".

I went to a party when I was a kid. We all left the party. At home I get a telephone call. Me another guy were invited to come back for the girls PJ party. Let's say I ," Twisted the Night Away".:D

Perhaps, that is why I now perfer younger women. Ask, Shrinkboy.

Regards,

Joe

BTW, there was an operator on the line making sure the call went through.

RoGER Doc! I just prefer women. Not QUITE all shapes and sizes though. Whoever said it, knew what they were talking about, "There's NOTHING like a great pair of legs."

"Duke, Duke, Duke of Earl
Duke, Duke, Duke of Earl....

As I...

walk through this world,

....no one can stop me now,

.......'Cause I'm the Duke of Earl."

"Duke, Duke, Duke of Earl
Duke, Duke, Duke of Earl...."

:D

The twist.....

In 3rd grade, a kid on my street had a twist party. You had to get up in front of everyone, WITH A GIRL, and do the twist. Then you were judged by the whole class by points. I seem to remember doing really badly:eek: :p:

Well, I was having a block party at one of my country stores. We were raising money for a Lukie 12 year old girl.

I did the Limbo under a 8" bar for $200 for her.

We raised about 1500 in 1978. At that block partIy.In total we raised enought for her operation.

Her picture is on my desk along with her parents note to me.

Regards,

Joe

Back
Top Bottom