2.1 Pre-Amp With Home Theater Bypass mated to a 7.1 System. How does it work?

HiFiJeff

So I have been pretty happy with my current set up for awhile but getting a little bit of upgraditis. Especially coming from a Decware 2 channel tube amp and 2 channel set up. I sold my two channel gear and have a 5.1 set up now with the Outlaw 975 pre amp and Outlaw Audio Model 5000 amplifier. When listening to two channel music it sounds pretty darn good but not as good as my old set up and think I might be able to get a little bit more quality out of a dedicated two channel pre amp like the Parasound Halo P5. https://www.parasound.com/p5.php#

Is this over kill or worth it? And how exactly does it work, I am still a little confused on how to implement it with my Outlaw equipment.

Connect your two channel sources and gear to the Parasound preamp. Connect all surround/HT sources and associated gear to the Outlaw preamp. Connect the front channel output from the Outlaw to the HT bypass connectors on the Parasound. Play two channel music through the P5 as normal. When playing surround material engage the HT bypass switch. Easy peasy, no muss no fuss. I do pretty much the same thing using an ARC-SP-9 and an Emotiva UMC-200.

IMO this approach is not overkill. It allows you to have a dedicated two channel system that at the flick of a switch becomes a surround/HT system. The main advantage is that there is no compromising of the two channel system.

Back
Top Bottom