2.5`s questions

thermoluddys

Just brought them home and I need some help /advice.
I have been looking for a manual online and have not found one yet, anyone know where I can get one?
Is there any info on when they were built (by serial numbers)?
I want to start with just one amp,
Another question I have is jumping the speaker connections.
So if I understand this correctly, I place a jumper from red to red and black to black a then hook up the speaker wires one to + and one to -. Might sound like a dumb question, but I have not ever jumped terminals like this before. I do not have the jumper plugs, will braded #12 wire work OK? or I have some #12 solid wire?
Thanks in advance for any help / advice. Good people here!
Tommy
Here are some pics, so it did happen ! LOL !!
IMG_2848.JPG IMG_2856.JPG .

Last edited:
Here's some info from a great website many infinity owners reference.
http://www.infinity-classics.de/models/Reference-series-1+b-2-10+A+B-1981-86/index-Reference.htm

There is a crossover that was an option for these that will show up on eBay now and then. It was used to use two amplifiers. Others use an active xo with good results.

I use bare solid copper #12 wire as jumpers just like you have said. It fits a little snug but works. Those are some great speakers, hope you enjoy them. I really like my set a lot. I never recapped them as they sound nice the way they are. You will want to use a pretty robust amp as they are a difficult load and very inefficient.
Jim

I just hooked them up using a SAE 2401 with a SAE 2100 Preamp and a PS1 with a Steely Dan AJa cd. Running a setIMG_2861.JPG of RS1.5s with them, so I did the A/B test. Wow!

Thank you for the link, that is just what I have been looking for.

Here's some info from a great website many infinity owners reference.
http://www.infinity-classics.de/models/Reference-series-1+b-2-10+A+B-1981-86/index-Reference.htm

There is a crossover that was an option for these that will show up on eBay now and then. It was used to use two amplifiers. Others use an active xo with good results.

I use bare solid copper #12 wire as jumpers just like you have said. It fits a little snug but works. Those are some great speakers, hope you enjoy them. I really like my set a lot. I never recapped them as they sound nice the way they are. You will want to use a pretty robust amp as they are a difficult load and very inefficient.
Jim

Nice looking set! Much better than the ratty looking ones I picked up. (Well, they're not ratty looking any longer). They do sound great in stock form and can be made to sound even better. I'm so impressed with them that I'm putting together a second set. Just need two more tweeters.

I have mine about three feet out from the back wall and they sound excellent. I know you will enjoy them. Congrats on the great score!

Larry D.

Back
Top Bottom