2 Amps / Receivers 1 Set of Speakers

BKville

I know this question has been brought up a bunch of times.. But maybe a different twist on the subject..

Ol' cousin Kev and I were talking about this the other day.. And he says what about three way toggle switches.. I don't know if any toggle switches are made heavy enough for that and you'd need a series of them.. So I said I'd ask the guys at AudioKarma..

Probably some of you have thought of this before.. Do they make toggle switches heavy enough.. Would you lose audio quality through some kind of homemade speaker switching system...

Any thoughts guys...

Thanks, Brent

I've got a couple of little black boxes here that connect two amps/receivers and four pair of speakers.
Picked both up off of eBay. Were made by Woods. Work pretty well. I was able to A/B a couple of receivers. Think I know where one of 'em is, the other is packed away somewhere. Called a Gizmo, IIRC.

By the way, it would take more than just a few switches. There are electronics involved in switching speakers and amps.

bully said:
I've got a couple of little black boxes here that connect two amps/receivers and four pair of speakers.
Picked both up off of eBay. Were made by Woods. Work pretty well. I was able to A/B a couple of receivers. Think I know where one of 'em is, the other is packed away somewhere. Called a Gizmo, IIRC.

How much would you want for a Gizmo including shipping.. About how big is it.. If you find it could you post a picture or two..

Thanks, Brent

bookasan said:
By the way, it would take more than just a few switches. There are electronics involved in switching speakers and amps.

Yeah.. That's about what I figured after I thought more about it yesterday..

That's a nice looking Niles unit you sold..

Thanks, Brent

Try searching the DIY forum if your set on building your own swithing gear. I was chatting with outlawmws about one he is making. Maybe he can answer your questions.

mac

Back
Top Bottom