20 Speakers over $100,000

stevo137

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I nice quick look at the worlds most expensive speakers.

If money were no object, which ones would you choose?

Is there anyone that would NOT choose any of these?

Last edited:
How much difference would there be between these and a brand new set of Klipsch Horns? Would there be much difference outside of preference? Just asking for a friend :rolleyes:

Based on looks, I would choose #19. I also liked the minimalist styling of #4. If I was allowed to choose just one set to keep for free, I would have to go with the dark star. They do look cool, have a great name, and are worth a million bucks! How could you go wrong?

I do think it takes a certain kind of room and ancillary gear to show those speakers to best affect and a typical living room on a crawl space foundation and a 70s Pioneer receiver ain't them.

I know I don't have the gear, but I do have a large enough room.

the dragons look like too much work to keep clean
unless you crank em and blow the dust off :D

Based on looks, I would choose #19. I also liked the minimalist styling of #4. If I was allowed to choose just one set to keep for free, I would have to go with the dark star. They do look cool, have a great name, and are worth a million bucks! How could you go wrong?

I would take the Dark Stars as well. I can't imagine what I would have to buy to power them and what the cost of rewiring my house to accommodate them.

Is there anyone that would NOT choose any of these?
I would instead take the Martin Logan Neolith. It is near $75k if I am not mistaken. If I am going to spend anywhere near that amount, it is going to be something I actually want.

https://www.martinlogan.com/neolith/

upload_2017-3-23_19-46-25.png

The $25k I save can be spent on a French maid service to come in once a week and dust them. :D

I would instead take the Martin Logan Neolith. It is near $75k if I am not mistaken. If I am going to spend anywhere near that amount, it is going to be something I actually want.

https://www.martinlogan.com/neolith/

View attachment 894758

The $25k I save can be spent on a French maid service to come in once a week and dust them. :D

I heard those ML's at Axpona last year and enjoyed the experience very much.
They were powered with the latest and greatest Mac's.
I think the room was a bit small to really do them the justice they deserve.
Many in the crowded room were very impressed.
I totally get the e stats with tubes, believe me...

I heard those ML's at Axpona last year and enjoyed the experience very much.
They were powered with the latest and greatest Mac's.
Many in the crowded room were very impressed.
I totally get the e stats with tubes, believe me...

What room were those in? Was it one of the rooms on the lowest level? I'm going again this year..

Back
Top Bottom