2008 Yamaha Silverado 1100

3kitty

Hi All,

Pardon my ignorance but I am looking at a very well maintained 1 owner 1100 Silverado.

It has 28,500 miles on it.

That's nothing on these V-twins right?

I read that these bikes if taken care of can be pretty well trouble free for well over 75,000 miles.

True?

Any guidance appreciated.

Thx

Hi All,

Pardon my ignorance but I am looking at a very well maintained 1 owner 1100 Silverado.

It has 28,500 miles on it.

That's nothing on these V-twins right?

I read that these bikes if taken care of can be pretty well trouble free for well over 75,000 miles.

True?

Any guidance appreciated.

Thx

I don't know about that one in particular, but I work with a guy that is a very active cyclist. He and his wife have Harleys for daily driving and Yamaha VStars for trips and he says that his has well over 100,000 miles with nothing except routine stuff.

I was asking about a couple Hondas on the local craigslist and our employee listing page that have roughly 25,000 miles each. He said they should be a safe bet but that the Hondas are a bit less consistent than Yamahas and to avoid the 4-cylinder Magnas.

Not sure what that's worth, but he is involved in motorcycle safety and maintenance classes and helps organize a couple of the largest rides in the country each year including the Riley Hospital Miracle Ride so he gets a pretty large cross section of unbiased second hand experience.

I don't know about that one in particular, but I work with a guy that is a very active cyclist. He and his wife have Harleys for daily driving and Yamaha VStars for trips and he says that his has well over 100,000 miles with nothing except routine stuff.

I was asking about a couple Hondas on the local craigslist and our employee listing page that have roughly 25,000 miles each. He said they should be a safe bet but that the Hondas are a bit less consistent than Yamahas and to avoid the 4-cylinder Magnas.

Not sure what that's worth, but he is involved in motorcycle safety and maintenance classes and helps organize a couple of the largest rides in the country each year including the Riley Hospital Miracle Ride so he gets a pretty large cross section of unbiased second hand experience.

Very helpful thanks....seems to be the consensus.
I did go look at this unit and chose not to pursue it .....not because of the mileage but overall it just wasn't quite what was advertised.

But your feedback is of value nonetheless as I move forward with my search,

Thx

Back
Top Bottom