2010-11 College Basketball

kneeOhFight

Addicted Member
Who do you like? What's your favorite team? Going to be another down year for we UNC Tar Heel faithful, that much is already clear. Oh well

UConn went from unranked and a projected tenth in the Big East to 7th nationally after flogging then 2nd ranked Michigan State, and 8th ranked (NBA junior team) Kentucky, and their point guard Kemba Walker leads the nation in scoring with 30 a game.

Missouri came within a second of beating Georgetown last night, but lost in overtime

If you want so see something scary, watch Michigan State, vs Duke tonight. Duke is already playing better now than they were in March last year when they won it all, with five guys scoring in double figures, averaging 91 ppg, and a smothering defense forcing 19 turnovers a game. They're already in March Madness form, and look ready to spank everybody. They made mincemeat out of a highly thought of Kansas State team in Kansas City last week, and will probably nuke the Spartans tonight at home. I can't stand them, but there's no way around it....they are head and shoulders above everybody else

Love me some college basketball.

I'm a UF alum, so I gotta pull for the Gators. My son and I try to go to most home games.

But, since I grew up in North Carolina where ACC basketball is king, I also root for NC State, Duke (Coach K is one my favorites), North Carolina, and Wake Forest.

Well well well - we are starting early this year. :banana::banana::banana:

Attachments

• KuBB.jpg
    KuBB.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 11
  • KUParadeJayHawk'08.jpg
    KUParadeJayHawk'08.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 12
  • KUParade'08.jpg
    KUParade'08.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 10
  • The_Shot.jpg
    The_Shot.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 19
I follow Georgetown (dad's alma mater & I occasionally get free tickets), Virginia Tech (my and my son's alma mater), Marquette (daughter goes there), and Maryland (it's where I live). All are good, but none are great (this year anyway). I don't stray too far from ACC and Big East ball until the tournament though.

The damn Dukies are still the team to beat, IMHO.:(

Missouri came within a second of beating Georgetown last night, but lost in overtime

The Kittens choked on a hairball. Only explanation I can think of for their consistently bizarre decisions all night, especially the last 19 seconds of regulation.

Maryland alumni myself, so that's how I roll.
That was a hellova beat-down Maryland gave Penn State last night, wasn't it?
With the exception of Williams at Center though, I think Maryland is gonna struggle with inconsistent play all year?

Steve

What's this shit on the bottom of my foot? Looks like tar.

Roy....you need to find some boys that are coachable. ACC going all the way this year again.

Well well well - we are starting early this year. :banana::banana::banana:

lol, yes, a rash of good early season matchups, and the resounding thud of my beloved Tar Heels as they fell off the charts from yet another phony top ten ranking brought it on. My team is awful, but I love college hoops.

Kansas looked a bit shaky at home against UCLA last night, but, in the end, the wheat was waved. They sure miss Aldrich, but few teams wouldn't, would they

The Kittens choked on a hairball. Only explanation I can think of for their consistently bizarre decisions all night, especially the last 19 seconds of regulation.

that was a tough way to lose, with that young man desperately trying to save the ball on the end line, and handing Georgetown the 3 pointer to tie it in regulation with a second left. Mizzou nearly blew it again against Oregon last night, after leading by 20 points. If the coaching can catch up with their undisciplined talent, they're a solid NCAA tournament team this year, I'd think

that was a tough way to lose, with that young man desperately trying to save the ball on the end line, and handing Georgetown the 3 pointer to tie it in regulation with a second left. Mizzou nearly blew it again against Oregon last night, after leading by 20 points. If the coaching can catch up with their undisciplined talent, they're a solid NCAA tournament team this year, I'd think

It shouldn't have ever gotten to that point. If you have the ball with 19 seconds and a 5-point lead, you should win 99 times out of 100.

Anderson has been a very disciplined coach, I don't know what in the world is going on this year. They've got great talent but they do really stupid stuff. That game last night had me about to hit my head on the bar.

KU barely escaped from UCLA, though, so Mizzou isn't the only scary team in the Big XII right now.

It's early. Chalk up all these inexplicable things to inexperience, nerves, ... whatever. It's all a warm up to conference play anyway.

Keep hope alive.:yes:

It's early. Chalk up all these inexplicable things to inexperience, nerves, ... whatever. It's all a warm up to conference play anyway.

Keep hope alive.:yes:

So far, they're like kittens with mice. They beat them up, then get bored and the mice run away. No killer instinct.

KU barely escaped from UCLA, though, so Mizzou isn't the only scary team in the Big XII right now.

though I'm something of a KU fan, I feel UCLA was jobbed on that last second foul call they lost the game on. A reach in foul was called. but I saw a Bruin player reaching for a loose ball, and a KU player running toward and into the same ball, with nothing close to possession of the ball. A horrible homer call

though I'm something of a KU fan, I feel UCLA was jobbed on that last second foul call they lost the game on. A reach in foul was called. but I saw a Bruin player reaching for a loose ball, and a KU player running toward and into the same ball, with nothing close to possession of the ball. A horrible homer call

I thought the same thing about the call. Two players went for a loose ball, neither seemed to have possession established. They must have borrowed a Big XII football referee to run the game.

I'm pretty darn excited about the start of the season. I got to a couple Cornell and Syracuse games last year, I hope to do the same this year. Cornell doesn't have the team it did last year, but Syracuse has got a lot of potential. Look out for another championship in a year or two if the players stick around... I lived in CT for a while, and have a soft spot for the huskies, Calhoun always does such an amazing job over there, I'm glad to see them back in top shape.

I'm pretty darn excited about the start of the season. I got to a couple Cornell and Syracuse games last year, I hope to do the same this year. Cornell doesn't have the team it did last year, but Syracuse has got a lot of potential. Look out for another championship in a year or two if the players stick around... I lived in CT for a while, and have a soft spot for the huskies, Calhoun always does such an amazing job over there, I'm glad to see them back in top shape.

The two teams you mention following have some class acts as coaches, Boeheim and Calhoun. Love them both.:thmbsp:

The two teams you mention following have some class acts as coaches, Boeheim and Calhoun. Love them both.:thmbsp:

That's one of the things about college basketball I really enjoy. There's a lot of integrity with the coaches and the game really does become the focus. I gotta find some games to watch this weekend :) There are some good ones!

Illinois at Gonzaga is the best looking tv matchup today. Kentucky visits UNC today as well, but, regrettably, a Tar Heel upset is unlikely.

The Jimmy V Classic in NYC on Tuesday night will be seriously good stuff, with all top ten ranked ranked teams going at it on ESPN

Memphis vs. Kansas– 7:00 PM EST
Michigan State vs. Syracuse– 9:00 PM EST

Back
Top Bottom