2011 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

Mine went out today, spent three days reading posts and trying to figure out what to get. Couldn't think of anything and ended up sending a gift card so he could pick his own.

I couldn't get a good grasp either, other than VINYL. SO I sent something I would want which was never mentioned, and apparently there is some level of appreciation.

It seems to me a gift is usually 50% what the giver likes and 50% what the giver figures the recipient likes, which makes it about 97% what the giver likes.

Got my gift a couple of days ago but I've had Real Life (tm) issues that kept me from posting here.

I got a box with some new tunes. Three CD's:

Laurence Juber - One Wing
Pat Donohue - Big Blind Bluesy
Toy Matinee - S/T

I haven't had a chance to put any of them on the stereo, but I know who my SS was and knowing his music tastes (we sat at the last fest for over an hour listening to stuff) I'm really going to enjoy them.

Thanks, Dr*Santa!!! :D

Sent out a Pickle of the month subscription yesterday..

My Victim prolly WON'T like his-Just an old piece of dull-grey metal..But, shit, gotta clean the useless crap out somehow...

Got my gift a couple of days ago but I've had Real Life (tm) issues that kept me from posting here.

I got a box with some new tunes. Three CD's:

Laurence Juber - One Wing
Pat Donohue - Big Blind Bluesy
Toy Matinee - S/T

I haven't had a chance to put any of them on the stereo, but I know who my SS was and knowing his music tastes (we sat at the last fest for over an hour listening to stuff) I'm really going to enjoy them.

Thanks, Dr*Santa!!! :D

Some great music there, Ray. I LOVES me some Pat Donahue.

Got my Harry Hannukah gift on Sunday. As everyone knows, I hate waiting, so not only did I open the package right away, I opened the lps, and listened, also right away. The best part was sharing the music with my HH, and both of us were diggin' it.

The Ry Cooder is his latest release, on Nonesuch. Boogaloo Bob Jones lp is a Fantasy re-issue of an original 1971 Prestige title. Two strong lps. The Ry Cooder even came with a cd of the 2-record set, so I can have that music in the car, as well.

Attachments

• hhlps.jpg
    hhlps.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 40
My Victim prolly WON'T like his-Just an old piece of dull-grey metal..But, shit, gotta clean the useless crap out somehow...

Hey Sandy, all you had to do was add a couple of big blue meters to that piece of dull grey metal and your victim would be happy. They don't really have to work......just light up. :thmbsp:

Hey Sandy, all you had to do was add a couple of big blue meters to that piece of dull grey metal and your victim would be happy. They don't really have to work......just light up. :thmbsp:

I'll hafta remember that for NEXT year...(grin)

:banana:Hey, hey, hey, who got their SS gift today? I did, that's who! Been busy or I would have acknowledged it sooner.. sorry Bozzmonster... er, I mean Santa. First, "Sarah Vaughan: Live in 58' & 64"! Gotta say it's a Lot-O'-Good Stuff! This DVD goes into my file under T for TREASURE. Then it was off to spend my gift card at Amazon... A new Richard Shindell CD is on its way. And I still got more to spend. :) Santa (Chris) you rock! I hope you have a very enjoyable Christmas; you've made mine special! :thmbsp::yes::banana:

Got my SS gift this afternoon! :thmbsp:

John Wesley Harding's latest - The Sound Of His Own Voice

- and -

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here Remastered 180g. LP

This will be a blast to hear comparatively against my tired, beat up Goodwill copy.

Stoked for sure!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana: Thanks Secret Santa - ya done good!!!

014lpu.jpg

Seems like the best gifts I get each year come from the AK SS program;
this year is no exception:

Got a GC from some place called Amazon.com (where I am well known....)

Thanks Santa!!

I got a "Christmas at Liberace's" LP - that should make the morning of the 25th a bit more interesting!

I get to mail tomorrow...hope the recipient likes something that may come in handy sometime in the next 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom