2012 AK Fantasy football

Well, I've locked it at 12 right now, but will reopen it to 14 if another joins with Michael.

I just don't want to get hung on an odd number and would scrap the lone 13th team if #14 didn't materialize after telling me they would join.

With the draft in 2 days though, I think that I'll leave it at 12 unless I hear something real quick tonight..:yes:

The league size will affect the draft and I may find time to do some homework this year.:thmbsp:

I tried to do some this afternoon but decided cleaning the kitchen would be a better use of my time. Good luck to you partially anti-Lion Detroitguy.

The league size will affect the draft and I may find time to do some homework this year.:thmbsp:

WTF? How? I always try to take the best guys possible, and all a smaller league does is leave a few more to chose from in earlier rounds. I guess it might make a diff on guys loading up on QBs, but I can't see any real big difference between 12 and 14.

BTW, no added interest so far....

but I can't see any real big difference between 12 and 14.

I can see a difference between 10 and 14 especially as it relates to how/when/where you pick a QB but 12 and 14 not so much. That wouldn't be 313guy's issue though because he's good for a QB in the first round.

Well, a LOT depends on scoring too. I've been in leagues where it's all QBs, others where it's all RBs, and a some where even WRs and TEs go high.

But enough of this already, I don't want to tip any cards early....:D

Check the settings for all the scoring and rules, but I haven't changed anything...

I've been watching this thread for more than a year and had every intention of asking in this season...until I saw that the draft day was the same as my other league that I've been in since '98. Guess I'll have to wait until next season to dominate you guys....

Two browser windows?

Or, set an order and let the computer do it?

I need another player to get in the league. :)

My other draft is very involved complicated process that demands my full attention. It's in person, salary cap/bidding auction with keepers and trades during the rounds. I just can't do two at once.

My other draft is very involved complicated process that demands my full attention. It's in person, salary cap/bidding auction with keepers and trades during the rounds. I just can't do two at once.

Pre-rank your players or just let Yahoo take the best available for you. You don't even need to be signed in, but if you really want to be competitive, you should be live, which you can't do.

1 spot left; I opened it back to 14

I don't want to short-change either league by trying to do two at once. I'll keep watching, hopefully next year.

14 and done!
See yoi guys Saturday night. Pre rank your picks if you can't be live.
Yahoo wil assogn a draft order about 30 minutes before we go live.

Last edited:
I can see a difference between 10 and 14 especially as it relates to how/when/where you pick a QB but 12 and 14 not so much.

Agreed. It affects how many picks there are between your picks, how soon you need to grab a kicker versus a bench WR or RB, etc. (Or so I have read).

That wouldn't be 313guy's issue though because he's good for a QB in the first round.

Thanks, Scuzzer. Now I feel pressured to pick a QB in round one. Last year's pick did well for me, though. Unfortunately he was on the sidelines too soon during our playoffs.:tears:

Don't forget to have the beers ready.
Somehow I always find myself low for draft day.

Hey any locals want to get together for the draft?
We could go to someones house, or possibly a bar with wifi.

Just thinking out loud, since it's a Saturday this year, then maybe?

Back
Top Bottom