2012 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

Ordered my gift today - got to put my Amazon Prime membership to work! :D Once it arrives, I'll give it a little 'special touch' and off it will go again!

My gift arrived the other day. A Joe Satriani and an Eric Johnson CD along with some other goodies.

Thanks Secret Santa.

:music::music:w

Santa dropped off mine yesterday. A gift certificate to Amazon. Oh yeah! This won't be hard to spend.

Thank you Secret Santa!

funny-santa-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

I think it is the other way around...just about everything in Australia is more deadly than the American counterpart. :D

they wont let me post a sheila :no:

One of mines on the way...best to send a decoy incase one doesnt make it past the gate:D

I got a box full of goodies today. Cable management ties, pliers, handy extension cord, and a cool little SPL meter. I needed all this stuff, thanks Santa in Ohio! :D

OK, everything is packed up and given to my secretary (AKA Mom) and it will be mailed out in the morning.

Mine just went out via the Royal Oak, MI post office today. The recipient should get it next week - enjoy! :D

Mine goes out today. And I already received mine yesterday a gift certificate for Sleeve City. That will be gone like dust in the wind. :thmbsp::D

Ordered and had dropped shipped my SS gift early last week. Then the surprise that one (of the 2) items was backordered (WTF, :no: they said in stock). But it was only backordered for a day - so first item was shown to have arrived on Thursday and the second is scheduled to arrive tomorrow :yes:.

Meanwhile on the receiving end the doorbell rang this AM (Sunday) and it was a package from another person named secret santa (just like me, what are the odds). You know he's connected when I get a Sunday USPS delivery!

There was a letter within chiding me for my tendency to help others and not to announce to the world what I wanted for the holidays :nono: (guess he missed my post expressing my desire for a Rotel RX-1603 or a TVR 2500M, both tough to ship so I'm inclined to cut some slack).

The gift included a variety of new and burned CDs as well as 2 LPs. I know that at least one of the LPs will be exceptional and the other music will certainly be educational - not the usual kind of stuff I'm exposed to.
The CDs will be saved for listening to in the car on my next trip to the office (4 hours away in NJ) early tomorrow morning.
Oh, and there was also a Amazon gift card - double score!!

Thanks secret santa (and to your sec'tary too). :banana:

Mine was ordered, drop shipped for "processing" for value-added "services"; delivered, and will be enroute to its final destination shortly...

By the time it gets to its intended, it will have traveled 4, maybe 5 states.

Hope it don't spoil...

or get hungry...

Value-added "services" are complete; my accomplice, er, Santa's Helper reports minimal injuries

On its way to receipient Monday via an agent of the US Government..

Last edited:
Rats!! My "plan A" fell apart - the company I was going to order from is defunct! "Plan B" in effect - Shipping direct to recipient... hope he likes it.

UPDATE - Plan "A" came through!! :banana: Plan "B" canceled, Plan "A" in production. There will be a slight delay - my apologies to the recipient, hopefully it's worth the wait - personally I think so.

Last edited:
I'm an EXCEEDINGLY Cheap Bastard...All anyone's ever got from me is an old ugly piece of dullish grey metal...

Sent it today, should be there just in time. Realizing now it will be obvious who it is from because I used one of my shipping labels with my name and contact info on it.
Oh well.

being really really busy has put a crimp in all my projects, perhaps I have too may projects? (never!) but this morning I did some SS research and managed to find some perfect goodies for a little audio-geek who believed in Christmas. All I have to do is wait for the stuff to arrive so I can put it in Santa s' Sled for Christmas delivery. On to the next project I flew like a lash.

Back
Top Bottom