2012 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

Trinity Session, your SS treated you very well!!

A 12" x 12" parcel arrived today from S. Claus. My SS has done his homework, discovered that I'm a vinyl nutter and supplied three albums that I don't have.

The Shure Obstacle Course has been a much sought after record for me. I have another test record but have always heard that the Shure is one of the best.

I don't have any albums by the other two artists but know of them. I've been gradually getting into Jazz a lot more over the last two years and the Sonny Rollins will add to my infant collection. The Cowboy Junkies album looks very interesting and will be the first record I put on tonight.

Thank you so much Secret Santa. It's such a joy to receive surprise vinyl. SS lives in a population of around 600, so I have a reasonable idea of who they are.

My victim should be receiving his very shortly. I thought maybe today or tommorrow hopefully.

got mine today! how cool is this! very happy secretish santa..hah thankyou very much......this is an 1885 Morgan Silver doller, it was struck at the now de-funct New Orleans mint.....i love old things like this....i really gotta get to America one day, very cool:thmbsp:

Minty fresh!:smoke:

got mine today! how cool is this! very happy secretish santa..hah thankyou very much......this is an 1885 Morgan Silver doller, it was struck at the now de-funct New Orleans mint.....i love old things like this....i really gotta get to America one day, very cool:thmbsp:

WOW...what was the SS suggested budget again? That is 412 1/2 grams of .900 pure silver goodness (gracious)

WOW...what was the SS suggested budget again? That is 412 1/2 grams of .900 pure silver goodness (gracious)

Whoever sent that out was a feckin' cheapskate...A DOLLAR ?!? Hmmmpf...Could have at least sent him one of the more valuable ones, like an 1893-S, for San Fransisco mint mark.....American money ain't worth diddley in Oz, anyway...

Well my Mass. based Secret Santa sent me two boxes which arrived last week but I just opened them now...one spray can each of DeOxit Gold G5 and DeOxit FaderLube F5!

These are going straight to the workbench to join the Red D5 cans and get to work soon on some projects that have been waiting.

Thanks Santa!

On a related note, my gift(s) had a temporary setback due to some arrangements falling through. However, things are back on track, I hope, and they should be going out soon, but will not likely make it before Christmas, possibly even later than New Years. So if you're a SS victim, er, recipient and things haven't shown up yet, have patience. Santa has to deal with some of us as his agents, and, well, we're not always as punctual as he is. But I assure you, its worth the wait.

Whoever sent that out was a feckin' cheapskate...A DOLLAR ?!? Hmmmpf...Could have at least sent him one of the more valuable ones, like an 1893-S, for San Fransisco mint mark.....American money ain't worth diddley in Oz, anyway...

Haha! come on Sandy G, i reckon my secret santa went way to far! ive got the coin set on a shelf right in front of me....even shines in the dark i love it!...thing i love most about things like this is wondering where it has been, yeah its just a coin and without a soul...but who knows who's pocket it has been in, what adventure it has endured...
i dug an old news paper out of a wall whilst working on a construction site in Glasgow years ago, same year believe it or not!
in saying that she is minty fresh!:thmbsp:
on the flipside, my pres looks like its been lost...Australia post is like a month behind at the moment....mine might be very late....but it will get there eventually one way or another....

Haha! come on Sandy G, i reckon my secret santa went way to far! ive got the coin set on a shelf right in front of me....even shines in the dark i love it!...thing i love most about things like this is wondering where it has been, yeah its just a coin and without a soul...but who knows who's pocket it has been in, what adventure it has endured...
i dug an old news paper out of a wall whilst working on a construction site in Glasgow years ago, same year believe it or not!
in saying that she is minty fresh!:thmbsp:
on the flipside, my pres looks like its been lost...Australia post is like a month behind at the moment....mine might be very late....but it will get there eventually one way or another....

Yr coin was likely never carried by anyone, except mint workers & bank employees. It prolly ended up in a sackful of its brothers, until it got sold, possibly in the 1970s, & was scarfed up by a coin dealer. I would NOT take it out of the holder, believe it or not, that cheesy little holder DOES provide protection for it. IIRC, there was a dark spot on the back, that could be a bit of charcoal from the minting process, or it could be "Toning", which is basically the coin tarnishing. I wouldn't advise CLEANING it in any way, tho- Cleaning one is a BIG "No-No" & deflates the value drastically. But its YOUR coin now, you do whatever you want w/it. Enjoy !

My Gift arrive and I have to say thank you to Santa. He knew just what I wanted, vinyl !

Its a band I had not heard of so I gave a quick listen and was floored. Shovels and Rope, name of the group, O' Be Joyful is superb !

Thanks again !
Grumpy

On a side note, the misses and I are running a little behind on getting our gifts out. Fear not recipients, they will arrive in time !

Awww, shit, Ernie...Even if you got something you DIDN'T like, you're far too much of a gentleman to ever complain...(grin)

Think of poor Santa, Sandy. Santa just might end up being a Nervous Nellie. Now YOU could make this work, but you didn't get my name.

Heck, Sandy. Ernie would be easy-just a big old box of chocolates. I'm glad I didn't get his name though cause half of 'em would be eaten and the other half would have teeth marks...:D:smoke:

I know Id have an "oh sh--" moment if I got Grumpy or Ernie for SS. The man that runs the site or the man that organizes the ordeal...yeah, there's no pressure there. :)

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

:lmao:

I SOLD mine to my victim (vinyl) and tossed in some extra goodies (more vinyl and some laser disks).

I just tossed a refund back for the sale.

I received a nice new T-amp. Never had one before. :banana:

Thank you everyone for playing and you too luwinvinyl for sponsering this.

I just used my gift card and ordered some nice new vinyl. It should be here before the end of the year. Thanks Santa!

tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock . . . waiting is a bore, BUT!, an-tissapay-shun is oh so sweet!! . . .

My Secret Santa gift is here… THANKS!

It would appear my Santa did their homework and figured out I connect with motorcycles. Very nice! This will get framed and go up on the wall. The title of the print is "Bones on Boards" You've got an Indian in the lead with a Harley in second with a Flying Merkel coming up the middle.
DSCF8956-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom