2012 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

Steven, I checked with your Santa, and there were several issues, state of health among them. Your gift should be on its way shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

I am not sure if my recipient has received his yet. It was sent out on 12/21. Of course there have been a couple of Sundays and holidays in that time.

Steven, I checked with your Santa, and there were several issues, state of health among them. Your gift should be on its way shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

No problem. Thanks for the heads up. Hope everything straightens out for my SS. :thmbsp:

-Steven

:dunno: Still don't know if my gift was received as indicated by USPS. Oh well... Time for a rethink.

-Herb

Finally got mine in today...Came from Vancouver, Washington, so that's what took so long..A couple of goodies, Simpson wavemeter, & Hallicrafters adaptor, & the neatest thing, a 1950 Allied Radio catalog...According to the catalog, my S-72 Hallicrafters SW radio was $79.95...my Hammarlund HQ-129X SWL set was $189.15...My Hallicrafters SX-62 SWL set was $269.50...Wow...Thanks, Secret Santa !

Just checked the e-mail and I received an online gift certificate to soundstagedirect.com. Thanks Secret Santa! Time to go shopping for a few CDs I've been looking for.

Update-Finally got around to using the SoundStageDirect gift certificate. Ordered a brand new copy of Manassas by Stephen Stills. Can't wait to hear some Cuban Bluegrass!:smoke:Thanks again, Secret Santa.:D

I got my SSD gift certificate today and spent it on a Rilo Kiley album and a Ray LaMontagne double album. Thanks Santa.

Yesterdays mail was fruitful. I received the two final pieces for my outgoing gift. I will send it on it's way today figuring that it will arrive Friday or Monday, just in time!

In the same batch of mail was a gift certificate for Soundstage.com, oh boy! this is gonna be fun to spend.

Thank You Secret Santa!

P1000372_zps573c9b09.jpg

Minutemen - Double Nickles On the Dime
John Cale - Shifty Adventures In Nookie Wood
my records came today in the mail!

THANKS SANTA!

I sent my gift out before Christmas. I'm afraid I'm new to all this and my gift was not so secret. I was struggling to come up with an idea, and was running out of time!

I've got a better idea from reading this thread how to go about it now. I hope the recipient liked it, it wasn't much but in the right theme I think?

I sent my gift out before Christmas. I'm afraid I'm new to all this and my gift was not so secret. I was struggling to come up with an idea, and was running out of time!

I've got a better idea from reading this thread how to go about it now. I hope the recipient liked it, it wasn't much but in the right theme I think?

I for one have never been disappointed with an AK Secret Santa gift I have received.

I am sure your recipient will understand the circumstances and appreciate both the effort and the item

:thmbsp:

Got mine today! Photos soon, it's a wood name plate, not sure how they cut it out, very intricate and exact, looks like it was laser cut but the wood is far too thick for it, must be a water jet.

Scroll saw? Pics?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I just received some VERY cool Tull memorabilia: an original 45 of Bungle In The Jungle, a copy of Heavy Horses on 8-track (!), and perhaps the coolest of all - Circus magazine (UK) from 1975 with Anderson on he cover playing live, codpiece and all, and includes a transcript of an interview with him. I haven't read that yet... a little apprehensive about breaking the seal.
Thank you Santa! Sorry about the mix-up.

Thank You! I received a Soundstage Direct gift certificate from my Secret Santa and I will soon get to experience one of my favorite albums on 180 gram vinyl. Ween's "The Mollusk"! I also got Ween's "Shinola" which is a collection of cuts that didn't make the studio releases. I am excited and grateful to my Secret Santa and to AK for coordinating! Happy New Year to each and all!

Well, stuff happens. One package has taken 21 days to reach destination, shows delivered now. Due to delays in production, other didn't ship until the 5th so it may not get delivered till the end of the month. Well, Santa and the elves were a bit tired after all the December work they did, and they were going to take a trip further south anyway.

So if you're still waiting downunder, take a look in your mailbox, and then look again around the 26th.

Back
Top Bottom