2013 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
Okay, folks. Post up what you got from your Secret Santa, whether you do like I do, and open it right away, or you wait till Dec. 25. (I hate waiting!)

(If your gift doesn't arrive, please let me know via PM. Thanks)

I'll start off:
I got a Mahalo Ukulele! Now I just have to learn to play it.
Happy holidays,
Jim

Thank you for Miles!!!!

Whoever arranged to have the Bitches Brew Sessions cd set sent to me.... thank you! I got a package in the mail yesterday and was clueless as to what it was. I opened it and was floored when I saw the set that I wanted and could not afford at the time

Whoever my Secret Santa is, thank you again, you made my day!!! I try to send extra goodies when I can, it's nice being surprised by other's kindness and generosity

Again, my humble thank you :thmbsp:

Ron

thats awesome!!! I cant take credit for that but I did see your post. Kudos to this place!! Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!!

Whoever arranged to have the Bitches Brew Sessions cd set sent to me.... thank you! I got a package in the mail yesterday and was clueless as to what it was. I opened it and was floored when I saw the set that I wanted and could not afford at the time

Whoever my Secret Santa is, thank you again, you made my day!!! I try to send extra goodies when I can, it's nice being surprised by other's kindness and generosity

Again, my humble thank you :thmbsp:

Ron

It was fun being involved in getting this to you. Also nice to know that there are so many folks around here that get the karma thing!

I know that your Secret Santa has seen this post and they are getting a kick out of making your day.

:D

A big THANKS to my AK Secret Santa. With my gift I grabbed a copy of The Who~Who's Next on blue vinyl, limited to 1000 pressed~~ Mucho thanks!!!!

Santas, if you are giving gift certificates, keep an eye on this thread. Watch for a post from your recipient. Every year several gc's end up in spam folders. Nobody wants that to happen. If you don't read a post from your recipient, let me know, and we'll call out the RCMP to track it down.

Recipients, please remember, we know that some people don't open their gift until Dec. 25th, so, if you are one of those people, please post that your gift has arrived, but remains unopened, so that Santa can relax. You can follow up after Christmas Day.

Either way, if you delay opening, or you're like me and open right away, please post up in this thread, so that I can check your name off my list.

Santa's not the only one who keeps a list.

Got a little box in last night with my gift. It was wrapped nicely with a card to accompany it. It was............

Jazz, the PBS 10 DVD collection!!!

A while back I had posted that I wanted to learn more about Jazz. My SS saw that post and sent me this amazing collection. Thanks SS - Bozzmonster!

Just got a cool hand made leather guitar strap, perfect for my G&L ASAT

I hope my giftee likes what I sent

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hmm, had a package from Australia today. Wonder who that could be from? :scratch2:

Inside were a couple records I've never heard, gonna be fun to spin those. Also some interesting old Browning FN literature, that will be a nice little addition to my '49 Superposed. Even got a gift certificate to SoundStageDirect to add to the spoils. :yes: Probably make that into some Brubeck tunes.

Thanks SS, I was really surprised to see that Browning stuff tucked in with the vinyl! Somehow, I have a sneaking suspicion that you're bhundu. :D

Received an email today with a HDTracks Gift Certificate from Dodog... thank you, and great timing! I was just yesterday thinking I wanted to pick up the Kind of Blue 24/192 remaster from HDTracks... thanks to my AK SS, it's downloading as I type this. :music:

I also picked up a high res copy of Albert King / Stevie Ray Vaughan "In Session" with the remainder.

Thanks again, SS! Cheers, and Merry Christmas! :beerchug:

-Mike

Extra close-up pic of my HDTracks download. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• binary.jpg
    binary.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 284
Here's an extra-extra closeup of what my recipient will be enjoying.

Attachments

• record_grooves.jpg
    record_grooves.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom