2014 -- Secret Santa Delivers - The "What'd ya get?" thread

Late to post, got my SS gift a while ago. $35 gift certificate to Soundstagedirect.com

Thank you very much Santa! :thmbsp:

Have fun shopping!

I forgot about this thread:screwy:

I got my gift Ernie also, A new record that I never have heard before.

Unfortunatly still haven't as I have been slamed at work and trying to get the house ready for Xmass. But at least I'll be on vacation at the end of the month.:banana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkane:
My Secret Santa recipient's in for a real surprise.

And how! It came today and blew me away - Seriously, this is a treat!

Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's and a MOFI copy of Dylan "The Times They are a Changin'" - both sealed and pristine along with a very nice card.

Thanks, Dan!

(How'd you know I like rekkids?) :banana:

I'm so glad that your happy with my choices. I had to do a bit of stalking your old post to come up with your musical tast.:scratch2: :smoke:

Thank you for helping me out with RSD:thmbsp:

MY secret Santa sent me a brand New Cure CD ( Paris ), strangely enough it is one of the 3 I did not have !, My collection is nearly complete THANK YOU! In stoked. No name on the card or return address so I hope my SS can see this post,

I think my SS forgot my unit letter. UPS had a delivery exception. Hoping it comes tomorrow

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I think my SS forgot my unit letter. UPS had a delivery exception. Hoping it comes tomorrow

It was UPS's fault! They said the address was not valid, so they dropped the unit letter. Tracking info says it was corrected and out for delivery today. Let's hope!

It was UPS's fault! They said the address was not valid, so they dropped the unit letter. Tracking info says it was corrected and out for delivery today. Let's hope!
It just got here. Thanks!

Maple syrup, pancake mix and a Clapton record

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkane:
My Secret Santa recipient's in for a real surprise.

And how! It came today and blew me away - Seriously, this is a treat!

Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's and a MOFI copy of Dylan "The Times They are a Changin'" - both sealed and pristine along with a very nice card.

Thanks, Dan!

(How'd you know I like rekkids?) :banana:

That's one fine recording.

I must have missed this, somehow. Cool thing you all are doing.

It just got here. Thanks!

Maple syrup, pancake mix and a Clapton record

I just re-read my UPS comment, and realized that it sounded like I was angrily blaming someone. This was not the case at all. I was just making a sarcastic, good humored jab at the good old United Parcel Service. Sometimes the internet is not the best interpreter of sarcasm...

I'm glad everything worked out! Happy Holidays!

My wife called me this afternoon to tell me I had a package delivered. When you get my age, old timers slowly starts setting in. I knew I didn't order anything, nor was I expecting anything. On the way home, I kept racking my brain as to what the package may be, who sent me a package.

Got home and ate dinner, still racking my brain about the package. After dinner I thought I would check out the package. Along with my name, the sender added my AK username. All righty then, we are getting somewhere. He did include his return address but I did not recognize the name. I sent Ernie aka luvvinvinyl a PM to see if he could help me. As it turns out, he is my Secret Santa aka Marc Holland.

Marc, I am blown away regarding my gift. I know it cost more than what our limit is, but it just shows the generosity and the type of members we have on AK. Thank you very much for my gift. It is very much appreciated.

Oh, I didn't mention what my gift is. It is a Fluke multimeter.

My wife called me this afternoon to tell me I had a package delivered. When you get my age, old timers slowly starts setting in. I knew I didn't order anything, nor was I expecting anything. On the way home, I kept racking my brain as to what the package may be, who sent me a package.

Got home and ate dinner, still racking my brain about the package. After dinner I thought I would check out the package. Along with my name, the sender added my AK username. All righty then, we are getting somewhere. He did include his return address but I did not recognize the name. I sent Ernie aka luvvinvinyl a PM to see if he could help me. As it turns out, he is my Secret Santa aka Marc Holland.

Marc, I am blown away regarding my gift. I know it cost more than what our limit is, but it just shows the generosity and the type of members we have on AK. Thank you very much for my gift. It is very much appreciated.

Oh, I didn't mention what my gift is. It is a Fluke multimeter.

Glad you like it. The 76 always served me well until I got an 87.

Marc

I just got back from a trip and my secret santa package arrived! My SS got me two albums - Jazz Impressions of Black Orpheus by the Vince Guaraldi Trio, and a really cool Record Store Day pressing of Jaco Pastorious' Modern American Music...Period! I don't have either of these, but they are exactly what I like to listen to! I can't wait to check them out. Great gifts. Thank you secret santa (whoever you are)!

My secret santa gave himself up, no longer a secret ,Thank you again Noah ! Very kind.

Steve

Last edited:
I got a very sweet copy of The Grateful Dead's RSD release "Rare cuts and Oddities 1966" which is pretty much right up my alley. 180 gram pressing too :D

Thank you, AK Secret Santa!! :thmbsp:

Came back from a short off-line week in Palm Springs (one small record store but a great airplane museum)...my Soundstage Direct cert. was waiting in the in box ... will nab Calexico "Algiers" and some MFSL sleeves ....perfect.

Rudolf, where's Rudolph? I guess my SS will come down the chimney tomorrow night?
Merry Christmas everyone,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom