2014 -- Secret Santa Delivers - The "What'd ya get?" thread

Thanks to my Secret Santa who advised me via Ernie that my gift may still be a few days away. I'm patient so don't worry if it doesn't arrive before Christmas.

My recipient should be getting their's any day now if not already. I estimated it might get there around the 18th at the earliest, but if there's a five working day delay due to the season, it may not get there till Monday Dec 29.

Last edited:
I got a SoundStageDirect gift certificate today!! I ordered audiophile pressings of the first two Lynyrd Skynyrd albums. Thanks SS for helping to replace worn out copies in my collection.(that I have not played in 5 years or so) Your gift went towards the bill. My recipient should have received his by now.
Merry Christmas,
Jim

Ooh! . . . forgot to post that I DID rcv a pkg last week from SS . . . BUT, I don't open 'till Christmas so . . .

Yes, please, let us know that your gift arrived, even if you haven't opened it. Santa and I want to know that your gift made its way to you.

You can tell us about it later.

I received a Sonny Clark record with Art Farmer et.al. on Blue Note from my Secret Santa. I'm looking forward to hearing the Rudy VanGelder sound up close. Thank you Secret Santa!

I opened mine tonight and I have to say it's pretty cool. dcmfan sent me a Texas sized gift of music and a little history to go along with it. Thank you so much and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

It is Christmas morning and still have not received my SS gift. I know I was a bit late on sending mine out, so hope that is the case.

I am very to pleased to report that my SS sent me a fine mix of vinyl in great condition, plus a really cool extra; a program from the 92-93 ELP World Tour! . . . ELP, Thorogood, BOC, Winter, some dupes yes, but these is BETTER than those that already here, so . . . many thanks many times over!

The recipient of my gift must not have received it? Or not impressed ( was delivered on the 19th) .... Im pretty disappointed , Im curiose has everyone checked in ?

I just got a Fourplay Live DVD from my Secret Santa, but I can't figure out who he is other than he knows I gave up Cigars!
????
Thanks,
Jim

The recipient of my gift must not have received it? Or not impressed ( was delivered on the 19th) .... Im pretty disappointed , Im curiose has everyone checked in ?

There are still quite a few people who have not checked in. I will be sending pms next Tuesday, to find out the status. Some Santas have asked me to check on recipients for whom the gift shows as delivered. The recipients in question did not know about the thread.

Thanks for your patience.

There are still quite a few people who have not checked in. I will be sending pms next Tuesday, to find out the status. Some Santas have asked me to check on recipients for whom the gift shows as delivered. The recipients in question did not know about the thread.

Thanks for your patience.

Ohh.... sorry man, anxiety attack. ..

No worries. It's good that you care about the project, and your fellow members.

Thanks. We'll give your recipient a couple more days, and then we'll send out the RCMP.

attachment.php

Secret Santa hit a home run with my gift. It's very much appreciated. I was stumped at first. I didn't order another lp. Merry Christmas to you SS.
My SS exposed themselves. This gift's super. I'm on the hunt for more. He partnered with Stan Getz now and then. Thank's 62sunbeam & Happy Holiday's to you.

Mine arrived on Saturday. I was out of town and when I got home, someone forgot to inform me that it arrived. So I opened it up when I got home from work yesterday.
My Secret Santa sent me the first season of "The Wild Wild West" and a nice picture of Perry Mason(Raymond Burr) and Della Street(Barbara Hale). I already got the picture in a frame and have it setting atop my 1959 Magnavox console TV.

Thank you.

Thanks for posting. One more crisis averted!

Now, we haven't heard from the following:

audiodon

62sunbeam

RayW

bhundu

Montycat

Folks, if you got your gift, please post to this thread that it arrived.

Secret Santas, if your records show that the gifts were delivered, please let me know, via pm, and I will get with your recipients.

The secret Santa project is a great idea.
I received my Clearaudio Elixer of sound stylus cleaner early, but did not open it until December 25th.
I'd been looking for a stylus cleaner that was non-invasive. I have some LAST, but have been cautioned many times to only use it sparingly, since it can loosen the stylus itself if overused. Now I have something I can routinely wet my stylus brushes with and use.
I couldn't be happier with the secret Santa idea and I'd love to see it expanded next year.
audiodon

Back
Top Bottom