2015 Pointers Please

OMI

A 2015 showed up on my desk at work:) I will take it home and clean it up. Will do the "deoxit" on the switches and pots. Does not look like it has a DC offset calibration, or is there a different method with the 2015. Any pointers for other simple adjustments I can do will be appreciated. I have a VM and that is it.. So no scope work. Will clean up and adjust best as I can and give it to one of the guys in the office..

Cap-coupled unit. No offset per-se, but there is a symmetry adjustment to allow the amp to clip evenly. Leave it alone unless you have dummy loads, signal gen, and a scope to properly set it.

TY EW

It shall remain unmolested under the hood (with the exception of deoxit and any bulbs that need changing) :)

TY JUSTW

Opened it up and clean inside. A bit of dust to get out. Will get to the pots and switches and face and knobs on the weekend with some good sun light getting into the garage:)

Last edited:
O.K.

Question for you Marantz wizards..

I have a set of replacement lamps from dgwojo...

I have a copy of the SM

I removed the knobs and front tonight.

It now looks like a MAJOR job to get at the lamps (unless I am missing something) to include removing the tuning string system.

Am I reading the SM right and looking at the unit right... Looks like to get at the lamps you have to remove the secondary face plate that has the tuning dial, etc. all tied into it???

If that is what I have to do I will....

BUT just want to make sure I am not missing a simple way to get at the lamps...

Thanks...

I dug into it today... Changed out the pointer lamp and the small lamp. Changed out 4 fuse lamps. The parts list indicates 5 fuse lamps, but the exploded view only shows 4. I could only find 4. Am I missing something, or is the parts list incorrect with the listing of 5 fuse lamps?

Measured DC offset and it was in the range of +/- 5 MV on both channels. Changed out the dial lamps and pointer lamp and the stereo indicator lamp..... Have a question on the signal strength meter. Is that outfitted with an internal light?

omi

Last edited:
I've recapped this one, and use it mainly as my headphone amp for internet listening (so it's what I'm listening to whenever I visit AK). I too could use the clipping adjustment, but lack the test equipment also.

Here is a pic of the little thing in its new home with the SP-30s:banana:

Last edited:
Marries up well with the Sansui SP-30s. This is in my Bosses office:) Not much the other folks can say about my listening level when the BOSS is listening to loud music also:) That is a simple cheap Wally World DVD / CD player on the SP-30 that he uses for his CDs. Works like a charm....

So that's what my 2015 should look like. Mine has been "around the block" a few times. I use it in my "retro porch blaster" and it's been outside corroding in the Florida heat - along with a pair of L100's - for years and it still sounds awesome! Built like a tank...

Back
Top Bottom