2015 -- Secret Santa Delivers - The "What'd ya get?" thread

Ya see ---all of you who opted out this year --how much fun this is . Hope to see more participants in 2016. It is loads of fun!

Wow -am I puzzled -I got a book -George Barris "The Art of Customs" and also another gift from Casey's Restaurant here in Vero Beach with 4 gift cards. Also a bag of treats from Walmart for my cat. Do I have more than 1 secret Santa ----but hey not complaining --just a great big THANKS!!!! Who ever you are -You are SO KIND!!!

Wow -am I puzzled -I got a book -George Barris "The Art of Customs" and also another gift from Casey's Restaurant here in Vero Beach with 4 gift cards. Also a bag of treats from Walmart for my cat. Do I have more than 1 secret Santa ----but hey not complaining --just a great big THANKS!!!! Who ever you are -You are SO KIND!!!

Maybe you and your cat were on Santa's "Extra Good" list. I hear Casey's Hot Dogs with everything on them are oh so good!

I just received a gift certificate for Soundstage direct. Thanks Secret Santa. Me loves Soundstage Direct. :banana::banana: I'm off to shop.:thumbsup:

Cool it looks like your on the very very good list......:bigok: and loved

My gift arrived yesterday. a copy of the Scorpions "World Wide Live" LP. My thanks to my "Secret Santa"

Lots of people don't come looking for this thread until they open their gift...

...on Christmas Day! (Can you believe it?)

Lots of people. Not me, but, lots of people.

Lots of people don't come looking for this thread until they open their gift...

...on Christmas Day! (Can you believe it?)

Lots of people. Not me, but, lots of people.

Madness...first it's delayed gratification, and the next thing you know folks are doing charitable works for strangers. Where will it end?

Life is uncertain - Carpe Diem! Eat dessert first!

My Secret Santa sent me U.S. Mint, S Proof Sets 1971 & 2000. Pretty cool as it reminds me when we where kids. I had grand parents that would give me, silver bars (Christmas Bars) and coin sets at Christmas. Anyone else have someone in their family that did that?

In fact one of my grand fathers whenever he would come over he would pull me aside, as I was the only boy out of 4 siblings. He would pull 5 silver dollars out of his pocket and hand them to me, and say, "Don't tell anyone":)

I was born in 1961 and this was happening in the late 60s and early to mid 70s. While silver dollar where still a dollar but they were not in circulation much as they pulled silver from the currency in 1964. Anyway he had to plan on giving me those coins prior to leaving his house each trip, and had to have them stashed at home.

I think his generation knew the value of the coinage and the removal of silver from the currency. He just wanted me to have some silver that he put aside.

Well needless to say, I would run to the store as fast as I could and buy a ton of candy and anything else I could get my hands on....:D

IMG_2689.jpg IMG_2690.jpg IMG_2691.jpg IMG_2692.jpg IMG_2693.jpg IMG_2694.jpg

Back
Top Bottom