1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

2015 -- Secret Santa Delivers - The "What'd ya get?" thread

Discussion in 'AK Home for the Holidays' started by bhundu, Dec 3, 2015.

1. VinylHanger

VinylHanger Navigaret ex ironia

I know. That is just crazy. On top of that, I heard a rumor that you hate, no, totally despise waiting. :rflmao:

2. VinylHanger

VinylHanger Navigaret ex ironia

Not to stray too far off topic, but I remember the day I broke into my piggy bank and took out a handful of 1920's silver dollars. Spent them on a squirtgun that my Dad summarily broke over his knee and hung on my wall.

3. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

LOL
    See you and me are alike and so are our Dads, mine would do that very thing and I can see it vividly.

I remember one time, you know those adds 10, 8 track taps for a penny? Well I had the penny...:D

Fast forwards to when the bills started coming in...
    Anyway he made me pack up all the tapes, oh and it came with a really cool photo book on Led Zeppelin. Well I really didn't pack up all the tapes, I put blank tapes in the factory cases, and that book had so many holes he must has saved a bunch on shipping.

4. mech986

mech986 Text ↓ optional Posts:>18,000

Well, after a very busy Christmas Eve and Christmas, I opened my Secret Santa gift - a very nice pair of Direct-to-Disc recordings of Henry Gray and Pinetop Perkins, both on APO Quality Record Pressings. Plus a nice Christmas card of my favorites Snoopy and Woodstock. Can't wait to get them on the turntable (the records, not Snoopy and Woodstock).

Thanks a bunch Santa Grumpy!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  5. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Admin Staff Member Admin Subscriber

Cool records! I have all the early issues from the APO Blue Heaven studio series. Your Secret Santa, (who is not Grumpy, btw) has good taste in music.

Reading your post has me digging out my copies, to play, this morning. Enjoy!

6. mech986

Hmm, his was the return address, of course, they could have been ordered from Grumpy acting as the Elf middleman. Whomever it was, its a very nice gift.

Now I started looking at the new repressings of many classic record albums at Acoustical Sounds. The Verve re-issues really have my eye and pocketbook.

7. brian222

brian222 AK Subscriber Subscriber

LP size present under the tree turned out to be a Black Lab 2016 calendar....probably her {avatar} idea?

8. mech986

It probably wasn't for you. Is it the Swimsuit edition?

9. macgolf

macgolf "overcome by art" Subscriber

Opened mine yesterday. My SS did some research as I received a jazz album by Lee Konitz and Warne Marsh and a blues album by Little Walter! Sweet, just what I needed to help build my fledgling album collection. Thanks Secret Santa and thanks Ernie for organizing this!

10. dcmfan

dcmfan AK Subscriber Subscriber

Yeah, baby!

elephant-dog-friendship-bubbles-and-bella-4.jpg

11. Sandy G

Sandy G Spiteful Old Cuss Moderator Subscriber

I never got mine-But I've been an EXTREMELY Nasty Bastard this year, far exceeding my Normal amount of muleheadedness, & downright Contrariness. One thing that HAS bothered me, I got $50 from the credit union we use, drove STRAIGHT HOME, didn't stop ANYWHERE, & when I got home, the $50 was NOWHERE to be found. I even tore LA's car apart looking for it, no soap.... WHERE DO THNGS GO When they GET Lost like that ? I'd give my Left you-know-What to be able to find that wondrous place..